RNY this past Wednesday...and can't

JustMeNC
on 7/13/13 6:43 am - NC
I took my directedmed this morning about 1030 and I still feel I have something lodged in my throat. I'm having a difficult time getting fluids in because it feels like my throat feels full/ blocked. Icalled the nurse on call and she didn't seem to be too concerned. anyone else have anything like this happen ?what did you do? It makes it very hard for me to do my deep breathing treatments too.
poet_kelly
on 7/13/13 6:51 am - OH

Try drinking some warm water or hot tea.

Keep in mind that when they did your RNY, they didn't do anything to your throat.  Pills are no more likely to get caught in your throat now than they were pre op.  The most likely place for something to get caught would be in the opening between your pouch and small intestine.

But pills are designed to dissolve easily in warm wet places, like our pouch and small intestine.  So even if one gets caught, it will most likely dissolve in a little time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 7/13/13 8:21 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I second the warm tea.

Hope you feel better, soon!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

JustMeNC
on 7/13/13 8:37 am - NC
hi...I had some warm chickenbroth.. since I don't drink tea. it felt a bit better...and I walked, then tried to drink again, and still have the feeling of something lodged. I'm wondering if maybe when they took the tube out, it made it swell some. thanks for the suggestions..
LeAnne0603
on 7/13/13 3:46 pm - WI
RNY on 06/18/13
Having any surgery can cause you to have a sore throat because you are put under anthesia they have to insert a tube down your throat and sometimes may cause irritation. I have had other surgeries and every time i went home with a nasty throat.This time i told the anthesiologist about my past experiences and he made sure to use a smaller tube and had no throat pain at all if it contiues i would contact surgeon because u def need to keep hydrated. Hope you feel better soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics