Switching Forums, Band to Bypass question

Karen8268
on 7/9/13 8:13 pm - NH
RNY on 10/02/12
On July 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM Pacific Time, H.a.l.a. B. wrote:

I dump from some fruits even on 1/4 cup of then and others - (like berries) only with large qty..  5 years out - I also get RH - reactive hypoglycemia if I eat too many fruits or don't eat proteins and fat with them. 

Same for me.......I DO dump on fruit!!
Strawberries are pretty safe in small doses.

Cindy W.
on 7/9/13 2:46 pm - Madison, CT

I am in the same position.  My Lap Band eroded about a year ago (after 5 terrific years with it.)  I have gained all my weight back and I am now starting the process for a revision.  My surgeon seems to think that RNY would be a better choice than the Sleeve due to tiny holes that may still be there. 

So glad to hear all the people who can eat fruit after RNY!  Very good news!

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/13 7:33 am - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 10/23/12
HI, LISA!!!!

It is I, Allison, your band buddy from so long ago! Sorry to hear you had problems and had to have your band removed. I too had some issues (not really severe ones, just kind of annoying ones) and was able to get revised from my band to a sleeve back in October 2012... And now I'm 3 months PREGNANT to boot! Whew. Lots o' changes. But weight loss and life in general is much, much better with the sleeve.

Hope you are able to get revised to what you'd like! Good luck, friend!

Allison
([email protected])
Lisa O.
on 8/1/13 5:04 am - Snoqualmie, WA

OMG!  It's been so, so long!  Thank you for speaking up.  I think about you fondly remembering the good ol' days when we were all newly banded. 

Elena is also "sleeved" now and has a baby.  You should reach out to her.  I have an support group on FB if you are interested.  PM me.  It's not as active as I'd like, but now that I'm getting ready to revise I will be getting back to tracking results clean eating.  I'd love to have you participate.

Congratulations on being pregnant!  

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active
Recent Topics