Celebrex?

Victoria A.
on 7/12/13 6:14 am - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

I had The RNY 8 1/2 months ago, I have a large heal spur that needs surgery, but I can not afford to take 6 months off work. My primary care doctor wants to prescribe Celebrex. Can I take that post op? He is not very informed on the do's and do not's of RNY. He seems to think it will be ok.

poet_kelly
on 7/12/13 6:16 am - OH

It's a type of  NSAID. Some docs think it's OK because it works a bit differently than other types of NSAIDS.  Some still think it's not OK.  I would check with your surgeon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dahoodman
on 7/12/13 6:26 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

My surgeon told me it was okay, but I opted for Tramadol instead. Tramadol is not an NSAID and does not work on inflammation, but it's good for pain.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

BellaNY
on 7/12/13 9:15 am

My surgeon wouldn't let me take Celebrex. I was on it prior to surgery and loved it. I researched this, and it seems that some doctors allow it and some don't. So call your surgeon and ask.