3 years out. 156 pounds down.

plum21
on 7/12/13 8:23 am - Miami, FL

My quality of life has greatly improved over the last three years. I am a happier, healthier, friendlier, much more active person.

I swim, I run. I eat well, take my vitamins, continually enjoy being smaller. I wear nicer clothes, I smile more, I participate in life more.

I fit in everywhere better. Inside myself, in an airplane, in a restaurant booth, in size 10 jeans.

I'm about ten pounds away from my personal goal of 150, and I may get there someday, or not, who knows. I'm fine where I am.

I got plastic surgery in December - had the works done, in Mexico, with the good Dr. Sauceda. It was a great experience. It's as though he ironed me and got rid of all my wrinkles. Now I not only look good with clothes on, but with clothes off as well.

I've been learning tons about health and nutrition and eating clean. I never thought I would be the person I am today, but I am so glad to have got the opportunity to meet the new me.

Good luck, everyone, I hope you have as easy a time as I had.

Cheers.

jmhuston
on 7/12/13 8:35 am - TX

Wow thanks for the encouraging words. Tuesday is the big day for me and I have not been this happy in a long time!

I want this so bad for myself!   

PetHairMagnet
on 7/12/13 9:28 am
RNY on 05/13/13

OMG, you made me laugh. I want to be ironed and smoothed out!

Gotta tell you-I am not a fan of Mexico surgery, but Dr. Sauceda may be changing that. He seems to have it together! What all did you have done, was it done at one time and how long did you stay after the procedures?

YEAH FOR YOU!!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

plum21
on 7/12/13 10:06 am - Miami, FL

I had tons done in Mexico. For me, it was an easy decision, cause I'm single and needed a little bit of after care.

I had LBL, UBL, BA/BL, thighs, arms, necklift, fat injections in my face - which look amazing still. The care was amazing. The big thing for me was to get the best surgeon who specialized in massive weight loss patients. I also didn't want to hav multiple surgeries/recoveries. I was going to go big and then go home. With a good surgeon in the states, it would have taken three procedures (and not include the face/neck) each six months apart, which would have meant two years of healing. Too much time for impatient me. Mexico is not for everybody, but for me it worked out perfectly. Like my RNY, I had zero complications, followed the doctor's orders to the tee and took six weeks off of work and did nothing more strenuous than lift up the remote. It was a breeze.

And it cost 10K less than it would have cost in the states, and since I'm singe, I would have also had to hire someone for after care, probably, so for me, Sauceda was my best option.

PetHairMagnet
on 7/13/13 4:14 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On July 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM Pacific Time, plum21 wrote:

I had tons done in Mexico. For me, it was an easy decision, cause I'm single and needed a little bit of after care.

I had LBL, UBL, BA/BL, thighs, arms, necklift, fat injections in my face - which look amazing still. The care was amazing. The big thing for me was to get the best surgeon who specialized in massive weight loss patients. I also didn't want to hav multiple surgeries/recoveries. I was going to go big and then go home. With a good surgeon in the states, it would have taken three procedures (and not include the face/neck) each six months apart, which would have meant two years of healing. Too much time for impatient me. Mexico is not for everybody, but for me it worked out perfectly. Like my RNY, I had zero complications, followed the doctor's orders to the tee and took six weeks off of work and did nothing more strenuous than lift up the remote. It was a breeze.

And it cost 10K less than it would have cost in the states, and since I'm singe, I would have also had to hire someone for after care, probably, so for me, Sauceda was my best option.

Did you really need the 6 weeks or do you think you could have gone back to work prior to that? I get a lot of vacation, but I try to never take more than 3 weeks at a time (every Christmas) and then all my other vacations a week at a time (or so) during the year. And....let's face it, I like to work as much of summer on a 4 day work week as possible. :)

When did you feel you could get up and be mobile? My husband and I celebrate 25 years in 2015 and we've talked about either doing 3 weeks in Hawaii OR doing a 17 day Panama Canal crossing cruise. I guess I could do my surgery, stay 10 days and then do the Panama Canal cruise, but if you were miserable for a month, then I would not want to do that. I will be two years out in May 2015, our anniversary is in Sept, so the timing would be pretty excellent!

And I know all the things you put except BA/BL. What is that?

And if it is not completely rude--what did it cost you and could you use insurance or no? My insurance will cover a mons lift and a panni IF I meet certain criteria. My doctor is convinced I will meet the mons criteria, but because I went 'out' and not 'down' with my stomach fat, he thinks I won't qualify for the panni and I am thankful on the one hand, but would have liked it covered on the other. And let's face it--with all the insurance craziness going on in the US, who knows what I will have in two years time. :) But I do know that when my son was injured in Finland the coverage was SUPERB and was considered in network. But I don't know if that is because of it being emergency and not by choice.

Ohhhhh, so much to think about! So much to learn!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

plum21
on 7/13/13 6:40 am - Miami, FL

BA/BL is breast augmentation/breast lift.

Nothing is covered by insurance. 

I was pretty well drugged up - not necessarily because I needed to be, but because I enjoyed it. If you have a sedentary job, you could go back to work sooner, but it's major surgery and you should allow your body some time for recovery. Perhaps take some unpaid leave? It worked out with my schedule that I had that much time off, so that was an easy decision for me. I was never in bad pain. 

After four days in the clinic, I spent ten days at the hotel where the nurse and the good doctor visited every day. I had no problems  going home alone, switching airports etc... and never had a problem after I was home, but I didn't want to over due anything, so I allowed myself six weeks healing. Never had any pain, though.

NSULArry
on 7/12/13 9:56 am - LA
RNY on 04/02/13

Did you deal with any gaining? I am only 3 months out and i feel like i have lost way to fast.... I started at 360, currently at 236, goal 180.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

plum21
on 7/12/13 10:10 am - Miami, FL

I haven't had any regain. I bounce around between 159-164....can't seem to get much lower and luckily don't get any higher. I'm careful about what I eat and I exercise. I spent the first six months learning about nutrition ( I didn't even know what a carb was when I had surgery) and making myself averse to my triggers. I haven't had a diet coke in three years. I haven't bought a nibble of fast food. In the last eight months, I had to let go of crackers and swiss cheese. I used to eat pizza many times a week, now I have it on occasion. I make sure to not have junk in my house. When I'm out, I can have whatever I want, even a glass or three of wine, but in my house there are good, wholesome foods. I have learned what triggers me and do all I can do to avoid those foods and situations.

Good luck. You're doing great. Make sure to use the time wisely to educate yourself about food and about yourself.

NSULArry
on 7/12/13 10:32 am - LA
RNY on 04/02/13

glad to hear such a success, can't wait till things start to smooth out for me, i feel like as the days go by i am developing an unhealthy fear of food

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Louise1974
on 7/14/13 1:30 am

Hi, losing that much weight that fast can mess with your head.  I didn't lose nearly that fast but it was still hard for me to adjust to my changing shape.  I used therapy and a body worker (massage, reiki, energy work) to help me feel more inhabited in my body.  Really serious eating disorders can develop after surgery.  Please get some help if you find your relationship with food is getting wacky.  Losing weight is great but sanity is pretty important too.  I am a therapist and have some experience with this, personally and professionally.  Take care of yourself.  It isn't easy to undergo such a huge transformation.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views