Who knew one day I would really wish to fart!

Dorkgirl_41
on 7/12/13 1:03 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

TMI probably but I DO wish I could. lol I am 2 days out and  I feel like the gas is trapped. I'm walking like I'm supposed to, taking the simethicone the MD prescribed and even trying to move my legs around while I'm resting. I can burp just fine (ouch) but it just won't move through to the bottom!

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

Katie B.
on 7/12/13 1:37 pm

I had the same problem! No fun! My doctor said I could take GasX. It seemed to really help me. Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/13 4:44 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/13

Make sure the first time you do that you're on the toilet.  Little known fact to me before surgery is that your first fart isn't always JUST a fart.  Better safe than sorry...trust me.

Don 1962
on 7/12/13 9:22 pm

See the siggy! kiss

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

poet_kelly
on 7/12/13 11:55 pm - OH

Walking will help.  Rocking can help, too, like in a rocking chair.  If you don't have a rocking chair, just sit in any chair and rock back and forth a bit, like you were in a rocking chair. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dorkgirl_41
on 7/13/13 2:41 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Thanks for all the advice! I will keep that in mind. Don't need any embarrassing accidents!

Kelly -- I rocked a while and it worked! Thanks for the info.

And just farts, thank goodness. :D 

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

Most Active
Recent Topics