My date is getting closer :)

Louy
on 7/16/13 4:24 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

Hi everybody, just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. 

Im Louy, 32 and currently a size 20. I have my date 12th of August. I'm not stressed yet but I did watch a YouTube video of the surgery and I wanted to be sick. Lol. 

Im slowly getting my house nice and clean and empty of clutter. What do ppl suggest I get to make my home life easier for when I get home? I live by myself. 

Things like measuring cups or food preparing items. 

Im in Australia and the process of having this surgery seems to be a lot easier, by that I mean I didn't have to go to therapy or have tests done, my insurance company pays with no questions and I have only seen one doctor. I do go to see a nutrition doctor next week.  But this also means I have a few unanswered questions. Not my doctors fault, I just forget to ask. 

When I get home from hospital, how much time will it be before I start to excersize and go back to riding my horse? 

How much time off work is normal, I'm a secretary. 

What is the pain like in that first week home, I'm scared to ask the doctor that one, I don't want him to think I'm an idiot. Lol. I know there will be pain but from ppl who have had it done, is it bad? 

Well thanks guys, great to have this forum. Really looking forward to sharing my journey and yours. :) 

RidingFan
on 7/16/13 10:59 pm - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13
Hi...welcome to the ride of a lifetime! I found the pain very manageable. Only took tylenol for a few days after surgery. Stayed off work 6 weeks, had lots of sick time banked and wanted to get into proper eating and scheduling foid. Know many that have gone back earlier. Doctor recommended walking right away as much as could be tolerated and told me I could ride after 3 weeks. I waited for 5 weeks to ride just worried about bruising abs when getting off horse. It has been great and I feel so much better in and out of the saddle now. Best of luck!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

nsdr77
on 7/16/13 11:46 pm - MI
RNY on 07/08/13

I'm thankful that we have a recliner. It was a big help!!! And walk....a lot!!!

Louy
on 7/17/13 5:57 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to riding when iv lost some weight :) iv got a few ponies iv never been able to get on, thought I might kill them. Lol.  There welshys. Had other ppl show them for me but hoping to do it myself one day. :)

I have made the house user friendly. Today I made it so I could walk laps around the house. Then I remembered I had a tread mill. It's now in the lounge room :) 

Most Active