I eat too much, that's what my boss told me.

Kelly S.
on 7/19/13 5:38 am

She said that every time she looks at me I am eating at my desk and it's distracting.... Really?  I wonder if she would have said that to me if I still was morbidly obese?  So now I am sitting here starving because we don't have a break room or get breaks and I refuse to eat at my desk again. Can't wait until time to go home so I can eat...

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

JaneJetson60
on 7/19/13 6:09 am
RNY on 05/07/12

I am questioning where you work that doesn't allow breaks?  I know alot of people that are not allowed to eat or drink on the job.  If they do allow you to eat, then I would go to HR and put in a complaint.  YOU have to be your own advocate and speak up for yourself.  If nothing else, have some protein drinks in a cup to tide you over until you have your lunch.  Jane

Laura in Texas
on 7/19/13 8:15 am

Are you eating all the time?? I eat a snack at work, but it's a protein bar and does not take much time to eat.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

PetHairMagnet
on 7/19/13 12:20 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On July 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM Pacific Time, Kelly S. wrote:

She said that every time she looks at me I am eating at my desk and it's distracting.... Really?  I wonder if she would have said that to me if I still was morbidly obese?  So now I am sitting here starving because we don't have a break room or get breaks and I refuse to eat at my desk again. Can't wait until time to go home so I can eat...

Where on earth do you work that you are not allowed to have lunch!?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

MyLady Heidi
on 7/19/13 9:54 pm

I do not eat at work, I drink lemon iced tea all day.  I used this to my advantage so I did not have to work an extra hour wasted on lunch or breaks.  I only work 8 hour days.  Drinking iced tea and water all day keeps me hydrated and no hunger, once I eat one thing all I want to do is eat, eating nothing keeps my blood sugar stable and I eat a healthy dinner and two snacks.  It is the key to my long term success.  I used to eat protein bars at work in the beginning years, but as I said it made me crave more food and would mess with my blood sugar. Only not eating at all helps.  My bf does the same thing and he agrees, eating makes you need to eat again, and he doesn't have wls.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views