For all the folks who miss a sammich sometimes.....

Dangerkitty
on 7/29/13 12:31 pm - VA

If you're preoperative and trying to she'd some pounds or post op and miss yourself a sandwich sometimes without all the doughy, pouch killing awfulness that white bread brings I would suggest these little gems......they've helped me out of a lot of tough spots and I thought I would share!!!!!

NEARLY NO CARB GLUTEN FREE OOPSIE 

3 eggs (.94 carbs or .38 carbs each)

3 ounces cream cheese, cold (1.5 carbs or .75 carbs per ounce)

1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tarter ( .23 carbs or 1.84 carbs per teaspoon)

Preheat oven to 350

Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.

Separate eggs.

Beat egg whites and Cream of Tarter until stiff peaks form.

Beat egg yolks and cold cream cheese until semi-smooth.

Gently fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture.

Mound or pipe mixture onto cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until brown.

Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 serving (19.7 g) Amount Per Serving% Daily Values Calories 43 Calories from Fat 33 Total Fat 3.7g 6% Saturated Fat 1.9g 9% Trans Fat 0.0g Cholesterol 61mg 20% Sodium 63mg 3% Total Carbohydrates 0.3g 0% Sugars 0.1g Protein 2.1g Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0%   Calcium 1% Iron 2%  
The Salty Hag
on 7/29/13 10:34 pm
RNY on 05/20/13
I've made these for a few years now. I found the recipe originally through a blog called The Lighter Side.
I've used the same recipe for pizza "crust", but added more herbs and increased the eggs and cream cheese to 4 and 4 oz respectively.
They are very versatile. I add different ingredients depending on what I want to make them into. My daughter eats a low carb diet, so the recipe comes in handy!
In fact, I made "Oopsie Pizza" for her birthday dinner last night. Her friends LOVED it-and you know teen-agers and their love of pizza.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 150 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views