Blender/chopper?? What to buy?

Love2travel4
on 8/5/13 11:09 am
I have a cheap Hamilton beach small blender. The kind that you can attach the cup, blend and go. I use this daily and bring it to work. Surgery is 3 weeks out....what are your suggestions so I can continue making protein shakes, purée, chop etc.

I did look at Ninja Systems and Magic Bullets this past weekend. I want something good quality.

Thank you
cajungirl
on 8/5/13 11:15 am
I used my Magic bullet forever. The Ninja system (large one) blends ice better in my opinion I use it often to make iced coffee.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

CPA_Loser
on 8/5/13 11:19 am - WA
I have the NINJA and it works great! I think it is worth the little extra money
molly3613
on 8/5/13 11:23 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

I have the Ninja and have used it twice a day since January.  It is a little work horse.  I bought it at SAMs Club for $44 on the recommendation of someone here on this website.  It is small and very powerful.

Kat Kat
on 8/5/13 11:25 am - AZ

The item I use mainly is my $29 GE Personal blender which came with 5 mixing cups you can drink out of, and 2 different blade attachments. I make a shake in the morning, and when done, I rinse it quick and place the containers in the dishwasher which gives me a new clean cup every work day. Sometimes I go crazy with it and turn ice into a slushy. If I need to chop, I use a knife for small jobs and for larger, I use my food processor. A friend gave me a Ninja as a "Get Better Soon" present when I had my WLS. After going unused and taking up space on my pantry shelf for 2 years, I put it on the curb with a Free sign. It was gone REALLY fast. 

Kat

Love2travel4
on 8/5/13 11:27 am
Wow! You guys are quick..thank you! I don't have a lot of space in my kitchen and on the counters, so size is a concern. I also thought about having a personal blender in my office and then a bigger, more powerful one at home.
Mary Catherine
on 8/5/13 11:39 am

You are not going to be blending large portions anymore, so a smaller one makes sense at home too.  My personal favorite is the Magic Bullet.  All those cups are great.

Dorkgirl_41
on 8/5/13 1:18 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Love my Ninja!

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views