9 weeks out, 50 down from surgery, and STILL in the same clothing size.......sigh....

MeMinusMore
on 8/6/13 10:32 am
So frustrating! Just had to vent.
purpleswingline
on 8/6/13 10:38 am - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

I don't understand how you could be the same clothing size and have lost 50 lbs?  Usually you loose a size with each 10 lbs lost.

CPA_Loser
on 8/6/13 10:45 am - WA
Are you wearing stretchy clothing? Maybe before it was stretched out more than now? Hopefully you have some before pics you can compare to so you can see the difference??
Soapy
on 8/6/13 10:54 am
Prior to surgery I was trying to keep from going up a size and thus my clothes wer e snug. It was about 50 pounds before I changed sizes . My old clothes just fit when they were no longer snug and then I could wear them lose. I have now gone from 20w to a 14w.

cajungirl
on 8/6/13 11:05 am

If you were like some of us you possibly needed a bigger size and refused to go up anymore. It'll happen be patient. 

As you lose more and sizes go down you will be surprised how few lbs. require a smaller size. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

RainbowRN
on 8/6/13 11:23 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13
The more u weigh the more lbs are in between sizes. I had to lose close to 50 lbs to go down a size also. But now I am dropping sizes much quicker the less I weigh. Be patient. It will happen

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

Nikke2003
on 8/6/13 11:32 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13
Ditto!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

chulbert
on 8/6/13 12:44 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

This is exactly correct.  The pounds fall off faster but the sizes drop more slowly (relative to pounds lost).

PaintingJoy
on 8/6/13 11:48 am - GA
RNY on 05/20/13

I know what you mean.  It took FOREVER to go to a smaller size.  I'm also 9 weeks out; not sure how many pounds since I don't weigh ~ but probably near 50.  At last dr. visit it was 42. I was in a very tight 20 Tall and refused to go to a bigger size.  In just the past 2 weeks, my DH has said, "You need to get some new pants, those are getting way too baggy."  Now, all of a sudden, every pair of 20's that I put on, are way too big.  I totally missed getting to wear all of my Size 20 shorts this summer and am so amazed at that.

I bet it will happen as quickly for you.  What did happen is that my blouses (3X) are too big but I still wear most the 'flowing' ones anyway.  I have found some XL Tall blouses that fit pretty nicely, but am not spending $$ on anything much yet.  If the next 50 pounds go anything like the 1st 50, I won't be able to wear anything for more than a few weeks.  Problem is that everything has to be a Tall size ~ and you never find those at consignment or Thrift stores. 

sarah_durso
on 8/6/13 12:14 pm

I've lost 47 and am still in the same clothes.  I noticed a change in my face. Pants are a big baggier but I'm not yet down a size.  It's weird, I agree.  The size with every 10 lbs is not accurate . Everyone is shaped and loses totally different.   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views