Kidney Problems

Gina96
on 8/7/13 7:28 am - IL

I am 15 months post op and have had problems with my kidneys since February. I have to see an endocrinologist at the end of the month.  Has anyone else had problems with their kidney functions? I have had multiple bladder and kidney infections and all I drink is water and up to 70-80 oz per day.

saterry
on 8/7/13 7:39 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Why are you seeing an Endocrinologist for Kidney problems and not a Nephrologist ? unless its your adrenal glands and not the kidney itself but that would not cause the problems you mention.

This could be non surgical related and just happened to occur after your surgery,

Hang in there and follow through with your doctors ! Sorry your going through this

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Gina96
on 8/7/13 7:53 am - IL

My family DR and bariatric DR suspect I am having problems with my adrenal glands. I have had multiple infections since February and my blood work indicated some possible issues with my adrenal glands. I was just wondering if anyone else had issues with their kidneys or bladder infections since having the surgery.

SarahLee1969
on 8/7/13 8:44 am - NY
Any chance you could have kidney stones that are causing UTI/bladder infections?
Are you using calcium citrate?
Sounds like good fluid intake.
I would start compiling list of ? For who ever you see endocrinologist or nephrologist...
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/7/13 9:57 am
Good luck. I hope your adrenals are OK. I was currently diagnose with Secondary Adrenal insufficiency... pm me if you need more info. I found a great support group for adrenal issues. Great group of people. Hope it is not adrenals... But if you need help - let me know.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."