Alcohol

lumina99
on 8/9/13 6:32 am - ME
So, going to a friends tonight and I'm not drinking of course. I have heard stories of people drinking way to early and do not want to jeopardize my health. But I'll be honest, although I was never a big drinker I do miss being able to have a ****tail if I wanted. I know at some point I will try it one day. What is the safest thing to drink? And I don't want preaching here. I'm not going to do this tonight or for a long time from now!

Laura A.

HealthyHaley
on 8/9/13 6:37 am

I don't think it's "what" you drink, but rather how much. I'm assuming you want to stay away from sugary ****tails (try rum and cokes-80 cals). When my mother had her first beer, she barely made it through. She felt intoxicated. She is 9 years out now, so she can tolerate a 6 pack, but be careful. A sip or two I assume wouldn't hurt ;)

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/13 6:53 am

Its not the calories that are only bad for you BUT the drink goes to your head and make you feel drunk almost immediately. Unless you know for sure dont be advising anyone a sip or two will not hurt.

illinois Gama D.
on 8/9/13 7:19 am

WE all KNOW who you are. new name, still picking at Haley, sad,sad,, sad. once again this s a public forum, Haley has every right to give her opinion, which by the way is the same opinion given here a hundred times, ..........if you must or want to try alcohol  try a few sips, usually at home so you know how it will affect you. I am putting my money you are the MOM, by the name:)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/13 7:59 am

Excuse me... ??? If this is picking on her ...lol You have isssues, dont start ok? Its immature. Oh and I haave my right to an opinon as well, dont lecture... I wont respond any more to YOU... Grow up thanks

HealthyHaley
on 8/9/13 8:16 am

Thanks for sticking up for me, Moon :) I have seen it first hand. My mother had gastric bypass and we sat with her while she tried a few sips. That's what I meant, and I think my words were taken our of context. Thanks

HealthyHaley
on 8/9/13 8:19 am

Hi BigMamma! I'm sorry I offended you because that was certainly not what I was trying to do. Like I had mentioned, my mother had her first sips in front of me 6 months post-op. It took her more than that to get drunk. Please remember, everyone is different. Also, I'm assuming the woman asking is a full grown adult and surely can make the decision that is right for her. Again, sorry to offend, but I simply think you took my words out of context. Thanks..

illinois Gama D.
on 8/9/13 10:59 am

WOW< and once again Bigmamma  ran her mouth, got nasty and , poof, gone!! I got a message:) oh well live and learn!!  sip away ladies sip away,:)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

CPA_Loser
on 8/9/13 7:29 am - WA

Great advice! I think trying a sip is probably the only way to see how things affect you. How else would you know? I think there is a risk of transfer addiction, but that is a different matter altogether. 

HealthyHaley
on 8/9/13 8:20 am

That's my plan when I get there...A few sips..testing the waters...LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics