Arthritis, lupus, fibro? What is this pain? Help!

brooks1teacher
on 8/8/13 10:28 am

Hi folks,

I had my surgery in December and have since lost a little over 100 pounds.  That has been great and I feel pretty good.  I can exercise for an hour a day and I do a lot of stretching after.  My question is about my pain/soreness/constant aching in my joints.  I have multiple sclerosis but do not think that this is related to my MS.

The discomfort started with my back and I have been taking Tylenol and having my hot showers in the morning to help with that.  Recently the problem has become more widespread throughout my body: hips, fingers, wrists, toes, neck, etc...  Tylenol doesn't seem to help and the pain is becoming more constant and stays throughout the day.

I have called my primary care doctor but can't get in until next Wednesday. I am wondering if this could be arthritis or lupus affecting the joints because my mom has both.  I am thinking that it could also possibly be fibromyalgia...

I called my pharmacist to see if he could recommend something else but there's nothing else besides the Tylenol.  I will call my surgeon's office tomorrow to see if they can suggest something else until I can be seen by my doctor.  I did text my doctor on his personal cell, which I have NEVER done, because I feel pretty wretched at the moment.  I am hoping to hear back from him but he could be on vacation or elsewhere, so I am not just relying on hearing back from him.  I can always try to get in with the PA sooner, if possible.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions.  I take all my supplements daily and don't miss doses.  i take the extra calcium citrate and vitamin D3  2,000, along with everything else each day.  I am still exercising and stretching but it's taking a toll on me.  I am just super duper uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance for any insight and help you can provide!

Julie

rocky513
on 8/8/13 10:52 am - WI

I was told that some joint pain after rapid weight loss is normal.  We are used to carrying ourselves a certain way. When the weight falls off...our bodies have to adjust to carrying itself a new way...creating pain. It takes awhile for your muscles and joint to catch up to your new center of gravity.  If you are experiencing severe pain... see your doctor.  I use Tramadol for pain.  It works great!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 265 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 135 views