Acid/belching gnawing feeling in my pouch??

JustaSouthernGirl76
on 8/12/13 10:51 pm - VA

I haven't been to the boards for a very long time but I knew this would be the best place to find answers. I as just recently at my PCP office for hip pain and some strange spots that have formed on my legs. I was also trying to explain to him about my surgery and how my pouch has been giving me a fit for months. He wasn't listening which is apparent by the fact that he prescribed an Aleve type product for my hip pain!!

I have gained 30 lbs since moving here to Va so that probably has a lot to do with my issues. My question is this: Has anyone with RNY surgery felt a constant gnawing/hollow feeling in their pouch?? I can wake up with an empty stomach and feel bubbling and gurgling. I was say it feels like a cross between morning sickness and indigestion. It's an awful feeling burning like someone dropped acid inside me. It doesn't matter what I eat, how bland the feeling always comes back. My abdomen swells every time I eat, I don't know if it's gas or what but it's driving me nuts.

What could be causing this kind of pain? My husband is ready to take me to the emergency room and get it figured out. He has lost all faith in my PCP. I am several years out and haven't had any serious issues until this.

thanks in advance for any help!!

Jamie

Never Give Up!
Cac435
on 8/12/13 10:55 pm

just guessing.... an ulcer? Call a good DR asap! Feel better :)

Larry Wassmann
on 8/13/13 2:02 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Same here exactly except I am still losing weight very fast and I am already almost 10 pounds under my goal. I am pretty sure it is an ulcer. Called Dr. Gave me some meds but not helping much. I am going to London this week but when I get back I am going to have a very serious sit down with my surgery team. This has got to stop. Let me know what you find out about the problem. It may help both of us. Thanks

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

illinois Gama D.
on 8/13/13 2:47 am

Have a wonderful trip, Dr called in Prilosec for me but I found I did better with over the counter previcid, good luck on the meds, Denise

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

rebeccaberry
on 8/13/13 6:43 am - OH
I have had the same feelings since my surgery. I had an EGD done to expand the stricture and while doing that the surgeon found an ulcer. Taking prilosec twice a day when I can keep it down.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 347 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 347 views