please help

araynard29
on 8/19/13 11:20 am

I feel so depressed and want to start doing right give me some encouragement!!  I had lost down to 143 then I had breast aug and went up to like 146 I am now 152 and I want even go outside unless I am working.  I try to eat right I get depressed and eat wrong.  I was wondering how to go about starting the 5 day pouch test and if anyone has lost on it?  I am three years out

April M.
on 8/19/13 11:24 am - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

I've read many, many times that the pouch test isn't a good thing to do.  Just go back to measuring your food and calories. Track every single bite you eat. Find some kind of exercise and just knuckle down and do it.  You know how to use your tool. Go back to doing what got you down to 143. Best wishes. You can get back to where you were. Believe in yourself and don't give in to craving and emotional eating.

Ladytazz
on 8/19/13 2:33 pm

I've never done the pouch test but to me the only good thing about it is it helps you detox from the carbs.  You don't need a special diet to do that, you just need to cut out all the refined carbs and junk you have most likely let back in.  If you are like me then moderation hasn't been working well.  I had to eliminate them entirely.  Some people can have all kinds of food in moderation but when I eat things like bread or things with sugar and gluten it only makes me want more and the cravings start up real bad.  The only way for me to not develop cravings is to not start in the first place.

If cutting out everything but protein helps you get off the carbs then more power to you.  I know that for me what did it was having my revision and following the post op instructions.  I had it easy because I was in so much pain and I had pain medication to help me past the withdrawal.  I was just so out of it for a while that by the time I was feeling better I was already off the bad carbs and I knew enough not to start back up again.  My thinking was clearer and I wasn't trying to convince myself that just a little won't hurt.  I knew that it wouldn't hurt but it also would never be enough.  I never wanted a little of anything with sugar or gluten in it.  I wanted as much as I could get and then more.

Good luck to you.  Hang in there, track your food, post it on an accountability thread or what ever it takes to get started on better habits.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views