HELP ASAP!

lumina99
on 8/19/13 9:20 am - ME

I`m in coastal Maine on vacation with family. I had lobster with butter for lunch, just a little, but i`ve been puking like crazy ever since! I`m ruining this vacation for my family & feel horrible! Was it the butter? I`m so sick & nauseous... is there anything I can do? I can`t keep any fluids down. How long will this last? I ate at 1. HELP!!!

Laura A.

65rosesmom
on 8/19/13 9:26 am

I doubt it was the butter -- have you had some fats since your surgery?   Kinda sounds like food poisoning or maybe you have an allergy to shelfish you didn't know about.??    You can try and see if urgent care with give you zofran or another anti-emetic.   

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

angeleigh
on 8/19/13 9:28 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Ya it might of been the butter. What you can try is papaya enzyme, sometimes you can find it at the drug store. I know for me it helps like crazy.  If you ate at 1 it should be passed by now. Did anyone else get sick? Have you tried just eating a cracker? I know a lot of people stay away from crackers but they help sometimes.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

kinny09
on 8/19/13 9:30 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

Did you all eat the same thing? Anyone else starting to feel sick? Other than not tolerating the little bit of fat in the butter, the only other thing I can think of was something you ate was spoiled/contaminated...Could even have been from something you ate before the lobster, or the night before.

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Jacob H.
on 8/19/13 9:31 am - CA

Had a lot of problems with oils at first but never for several hours, antacids always seems to help, but for that long you might think about seeking medical care, could be an allergy or worse a bowl obstruction 

lumina99
on 8/19/13 9:34 am - ME

I went to the bathroom earlier, so I don`t think it`s an obstruction, and my son had the lobster with me, he`s fine...i`ve had it before, but maybe the butter is getting to me?

Laura A.

Melpear
on 8/19/13 9:40 am - Lawton, OK

Certain foods are notorious for wreaking havoc on the digestive system. If you suffer from belly bloat, gas, acid reflux, or just general discomfort after you eat,

You should  avoid eating foods that are difficult to digest such as shrimp, lobster or nuts.  our bodies find it harder to break down rubbery, or hard foods. When you are already taking acid reducing pills, there is less acid to work on the foods you are putting in your body. Therefore less acid means less acid backup, and less heartburn to deal with. But this also means there is less acid to deal with breaking down hard to digest foods, such as nuts, fat-laden meals, and rubbery foods, such as shrimp, scallops, oysters, and lobster.Try eating a softer, fish such as salmon, or tilapia, instead.

Jacob H.
on 8/19/13 9:43 am - CA

One tablet of tums has always worked great for me, there has been occasion where I have paid the price for some foods for about 3 to 4 hours, but usually one tums and I was ok in about 30 minutes, just had to be careful the rest of the day

lumina99
on 8/19/13 2:53 pm - ME

Thank you! I had my husband find a  store near our hotel and brought back Tums. I took one and felt relief right away. I was able to sleep for a little while. Now drinking water because I'm dehydrated. I will keep those Tums on hand and no more butter from now on!

Laura A.

JenniPenny
on 8/19/13 10:03 am - MN

There's too much fat in the butter - if you haven't had it before or in the same quantity. Drink tons of water to flush your system. It will make you feel better. Don't drin****il after the food has settled or been digested-hour or a bit more. Then drink lots of water and you'll feel better. Also the lobster is pretty rich - if you've had it before but not with the butter then I'd say it was the butter. Remember the post op rule- if you haven't eaten it before at home - don't try a new food out.

Sorry you're so sick - hope it gets better soon.

Jen 11+ yrs post op RNY

Most Active
Recent Topics