Fluid Filled Blister Above Incision?

wildivie
on 8/20/13 8:35 am - TX
RNY on 07/17/13

So within the last hour I have developed this fluid filled blister right above/ kind of joined to one of my laparoscopic incision sites. My main one actually which has had a kind of hard bump behind it for a few days. I figured, just normal scar tissue and still figure that is probably the case. It's not so noticeable now though with thing above it. The blister itches a little bit but doesn't hurt. It's maybe nickel sized. I have been terribly sick (not surgery related) for over a week now and haven't had much besides water in almost that long. I had to go to the ER for fluids but since then have done alright with hydrating. I had some cheese today finally but nothing that should have agitated anything. Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks out. I know this is a random symptom to ask about, but does it sound like anything where I should be especially concerned with what is going on inside with my pouch? Thanks!

HW:274 (Nov 2011 pre-pregnancy) Starting weight: 243 Day of Surgery: 231

PetHairMagnet
on 8/20/13 9:05 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Personally, from what you have said I would not be concerned, however if you find others pop up, I would call my PCP and get their thoughts. One blister would not be enough for me to do anything.

Hope you feel better, soon!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

kksnewsong
on 8/20/13 10:42 am
RNY on 06/06/13
I had one pop up on the end of my largest incision about 8 weeks out...maybe a 1/4 inch wide and a little longer sitting on top of scar. Left it alone for a few weeks and since my incision was healed I sterilized a needle punched it and it dried up...I dont recommend you doing that right now. Mine didn't hurt nor itch! Jus****ch it and like she said call dr. If anything else happens! Hope you get over being ill quickly!
  1.     kksnewsòng

hibbyangel
on 8/20/13 10:55 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

I had one right below my main incision about 2 days out. They blamed it on the adhesive..Im slightly allergic to Latex. But *****ally knows. I wouldn't be to worried unless you get more