over two months and NO weight loss

heidivp_33
on 8/28/13 10:29 am
I had surgery march 26, so i am five months post op. I have lost 50 pounds and have been stuck. I eat four or five small meals. I am very stressed, i work full time, go to school, and have three kids. For my job i sit on my butt for 40 hrs which i know cannot help. I had kidney stones and my gallbladder out also. Any suggestions would be great!
chulbert
on 8/28/13 10:33 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Excluding a medical condition you pretty much have to be eating too many calories.  What is the content of those "four or five small meals"?  Are you snacking in between?  Drinking calories?   Are you exercising?

Ashley G.
on 8/28/13 10:37 am - VA

I would replace two of those meals with a shake, or maybe a Carnation Instant Breakfast shake. 

heidivp_33
on 8/28/13 10:43 am
I exersize when i can. For breakfast i have cottage cheese. Lunch i have cherry tomatoes and motzerella cheese. Snack i have a shake or greek yogurt or fruit. Dinner i have meat usually chicken or pork and steamed veggies.
poet_kelly
on 8/28/13 10:49 am - OH

So how many calories do you get in a typical day?  How many grams of protein?

When you say you exercise when you can, how often is that?  What kind of exercise?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Justcallmesuz
on 8/28/13 10:50 am
RNY on 05/08/13

With what you described it does not sound like you can be getting all the protein you need. That will halt weight loss fast.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

April M.
on 8/28/13 11:11 am - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

I agree with other posters. You need to focus on calories consumed and make sure you are getting in your protein. I'll share my strategy with you and maybe it can help.  I had surgery in March also. I eat three meals a day and no snacks.  I try to get 75-85 grams of protein in for 500-700 calories per day. That means a lot of times, I only eat protein. I usually have a protein shake for breakfast because my pouch doesn't do well with dense protein first thing in the morning.  I am also currently getting 80-100 ounces of water a day.  How about doing some kind of exercise after your kids go to bed? I do DDP Yoga and have some kettle bell weights that I use at home. I also walk when I can. Above all else, don't give up!  Best wishes to you on your journey.  

heidivp_33
on 8/28/13 11:19 am
Thank you april. What do you eat for protien mostly? How do you maintain so much protien with smaller calories? I think protien is my big issue.
PetHairMagnet
on 8/28/13 2:11 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Not April, but scallops are low cal and high protein!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

April M.
on 8/28/13 4:43 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

I eat chicken, salmon, tuna mainly. I avoid pork and beef because they are not allowed on my plan at this point. Occasionally, I will eat a meat alternative like boca burger or tofu. My daily shake is 23-30 grams protein.

Recent Topics