What does "Grazing" mean to you

ywalton
on 8/27/13 3:36 am - Sycamore, OH
RNY on 02/18/13

i am looking for your input on what grazing means

AuntSugar
on 8/27/13 3:43 am - La Verne, CA

Eating more often than every 3-4 hours, regardless of what you eat.  

Jacob H.
on 8/27/13 3:56 am - CA

For me it's eating when I don't need to, like sitting in front of the tv, or long distance driving. After 10 years I still battle this, as my output is very high it hasn't effected me yet, but it's only a matter of time, especially with peanut butter cookies. I love those devilish things, but it's always one day at a time

True victory comes at the very end, when you can say, " I lived, and will gladly do it again." View "failure" as a setback, and meet each accomplishment with a larger goal.

PetHairMagnet
on 8/27/13 4:02 am
RNY on 05/13/13
My definition is different at various phases.
When I was in my first month to 6 weeks post-op I would eat 1/2 my portion, then an hour or two later, fini**** This is soft and chew foods, not shakes.

Now, at 3+ months out, that same behavior would be grazing to me. I eat what I comfortably can and do not eat again until it is time to do so.

HTH!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Jewelsstevens
on 8/27/13 4:04 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

To me, grazing means eating here and there (outside of meals and planned snacks) throughout the day, often without thought.

JenniPenny
on 8/27/13 5:45 am - MN

To me grazing is eating all day, throughout the day. I have a post op friend who goes from meal, to candy dish, to pretzels, to yogurt,a bite of cookie,cheese crackers to a cheese stick to a bottle of water . then a half hour later she starts it all again. She says she's always hungry but it's more nervous eating, habit, thinking you're hungry when you're bored or something else. It is the number one cause of weight gain with us farther out post ops. We have to learn to eat at mealtime, then again at the next mealtime. If we're doing strenuous activity we can add in a snack as needed, but basically, we need to eat when it's mealtime and not any other.

Jen 11+ yrs post op RNY

Dee.spunk
on 8/27/13 6:34 am - Sacramento, CA
To me it's eating outside your scheduled mealtimes. If you plan three meals a day and two or three snacks, that's what you should be eating. Grazing to me is you picking at food here and there and drinking with the foods your eating and eating more and just not stopping.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Soapy
on 8/27/13 6:41 am
I work ten hour days, so I usually leave home at 6 am and get home 6 pm with travel. I eat breakfast on the way, i pack two snacks and lunch and when it is gone I am done for the day. For example I had ounce of cheese and pack of peanuts (170 cal) for snacks and black beans for lunch. But stretched the peanuts and cheese out through the day. So is this grazing?