Nausea

Michele1az
on 8/30/13 2:57 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13

Help! I had RNY on Monday, but I am having a lot of nausea when standing. Nothing tastes good, even water is gross. Please help! I want to go back to work on Tuesday. Will MOM help with nausea? 

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

poet_kelly
on 8/30/13 3:01 am - OH

Are you getting enough fluids?  Even mild dehydration can cause nausea.

You might try some warm peppermint tea.  Or you can make iced peppermint tea, if you prefer.  It often helps with nausea.

You can call your surgeon and ask them to prescribe something for nausea.  They can call in the script to your pharmacy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sonyamarie75
on 8/30/13 5:16 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

What are you eating or drinking at this point? Maybe something is making your tummy upset. I am having the same issue. I called the dietician and she told me to stay away from the protein shakes until Monday. So far it seems to be helping. You might want to give the office a call now since its the Friday before a holiday weekend. I totally agree with Kelly! Call them!

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?