First full day home!

Love2travel4
on 8/30/13 2:53 am
Surgery 08-27, came home last night about 7:30. Felt good to be in my own home. I loved taking a shower! Only need to keep my drain site covered until Saturday. Trouble getting comfortable at night , tried the recliner. I was up at 2am with TONS of gas and pain. Tried to walk around the house..no help. I sucked it up and took a dose of pain meds. Slept comfortably on the couch from 2am until 8am.

Still on clear liquids until this afternoon. I have been sipping and sipping, almost done with my first 16oz bottle water. Scared to go too fast, trying jello again as well. My hope for tonight is one protein shake and then continue on water.

I took my first walk..6 mins as advised.

No real pain, no nausea, just gas, gas and more gas. I have belched quite a bit and only passed gas once...but (TMI) passed some on the toilet as well with some diarrhea. Scared to let it naturally pass, as I don't want an accident. Staying close to the bathroom today.

So I would say,,so far, so good!
AllyMomof3
on 8/30/13 4:19 am - Lamar, MO
RNY on 08/21/13
My surgery was 8/21. So I am not far ahead of u. The recliner has been my bed. Gas x strips have helped me a lot. Good luck

Starting Weight: 357 Surgery Weight: 312 Goal Weight 157 Surgery date August 21, 2013 Current Weight 302    

Love2travel4
on 8/30/13 4:53 am
I see a lot of people use Gas x,but my surgeon didn't mention it..just to walk!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views