First bites or drink always hurt

Jen75
on 9/5/13 11:34 am
RNY on 07/18/13
Does anyone else have the issue where their first couple bites of food or sips of liquid always hurt. It always feels like my pouch has air in it and what ever I have has to push that air bubble out of my stomach first than I am ok. It just sucks that it always hurts at first.
Maggie May
on 9/5/13 12:28 pm
RNY on 08/21/13

Yes, that's what it was like for in week 1. Week 2 got worse then every sip hurt. Today is the first day of week 3 and I had an endoscopy done this morning that shows I have an ugly ulcer. :(   Docs office kept telling me some pain was normal. I kept sucking it up but at my 2 week post op yesterday I pushed the issue so they ordered the scope. The doc doing the scope agreed I am in a great deal of pain. If it gets worse, don't ignore it.

Maggie May 

Jacob H.
on 9/5/13 12:40 pm - CA

After 10 years I still have days like that

True victory comes at the very end, when you can say, " I lived, and will gladly do it again." View "failure" as a setback, and meet each accomplishment with a larger goal.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/5/13 12:42 pm
Warm liquids helps with that. Warm tea or any other warm drinks.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jen75
on 9/5/13 12:46 pm
RNY on 07/18/13
Thanks for the advice. I will talk to my doctor about it at my 3 month post op appt. I was just wondering if it was normal for some or if it was just me. Thanks for the replies.
Jen75
on 9/5/13 12:50 pm
RNY on 07/18/13
Maggie, I hope you start feeling better soon.
averybyrd
on 9/5/13 10:58 pm

I have the same problem (4 weeks out). I tried the warm tea thing this morning and no pain! Maybe this will work for you!

Tammy G.
on 9/6/13 5:27 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
2 yrs out and still happens sometimes, mostly when it is the first meal of the day. If it happens every time you eat, I wouldn't think that it was normal, but if it is only occassional, completely normal. Grumpy pouch syndrome.