Calcium Citrate +D ?

BelieveInFaith
on 9/7/13 11:30 pm - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

I know I see so many vitamin questions and now I have one of my own.  I'm trying to take the Calcium Citrate +D and I cannot swallow this pill.  I'm choking on it and just bringing it right back up.  Is there a chewable brand for this or something? Help Please!

Never accept NO for an answer.

The Salty Hag
on 9/7/13 11:53 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I couldn't take the calcium pills either, even the "petites" were too thick for me to swallow. I haven't looked for chewable versions of those types because I figure they taste yucky.
I buy a product called Healthy Indulgence. I get mine at The Vitamin Shoppe, but lately they've been hard to find in store so I have some ordered. They're kinda pricey, but to me, they're worth it.
Other people buy Calcet Creamy Bites. In fact, they're on sale direct from the manufacturer. There's a thread farther down about it. I'm not sure how they taste or what their texture is like.
There's also Bariatric Advantage chews, they're too much like caramels for me-way too chewy.
Hope this helps.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Velma44
on 9/8/13 1:24 am

I use Celebrate chewable s . Celebrate specializes in bariatric vitamins and protein shake.

knilsson66
on 9/8/13 1:38 am - Goleta, CA
The Calcet Creamy Bites are fantastic! The lemon one tastes like lemon cake and the chocolate one tastes like a rich chocolate brownie. If you like dessert,I think you will love these. They don't taste like vitamins at all...more like a rich treat. The celebrate chews are also very good. I also like the Bariatric Advantage 500mg caramel chews. You only have to take 2 of those so they last a while.

Kim

HW  372 |  SW 338  |  RNY 8/28/2013 

Justcallmesuz
on 9/8/13 3:07 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I take the petites, I could not take them right away. Took me about 2.5 months until I could swallow it comfortably.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

LadyLilMax
on 9/8/13 3:54 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

There is something called Upcal on Vitalady that I believe that Poet Kelly talks about.  You might want to check it out.  I think it is a dissolvable, tasteless powder.

Too lazy to leave OH right now to go look but maybe Kelly will check in or Lora or SinKim or one of the vets.

Anyway, there are other ways to get your D and calcium citrate.  And it is a MUST for us.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Lethy
on 9/8/13 6:04 am
RNY on 09/10/13 with
My surgeon suggest Citracal gummies. He says chew chew chew. Good luck

Nurseratchet26
on 9/9/13 2:37 pm - VA

I thought citrical gummies were calcium carbonate. And how is the suga content?

omiomezzo
on 9/8/13 8:38 am, edited 9/8/13 8:40 am
RNY on 09/19/13

There is a brand called bariatric advantage that has a delicious chewable calcium citrate with D3.  It contains 120 chewable tablets, as opposed to soft chews.  It's like taking a children's chewable multi vitamin.  You have to chew 4 a day, but they are good and easy to get down, and only cost about $10.99

BelieveInFaith
on 9/8/13 8:52 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

Thank you so much for all the info everyone!  I'm going to look online at all these options tonight.  I need to get something asap. 

Never accept NO for an answer.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?