who else had surgery around august 22 2013

Amanda263
on 9/8/13 10:44 pm

hi would love to be in touch with others who had surgery around the same time as me.  I have had no complications other then not being able to stomach protein shakes but hopefully I will be able to get my protein in with food son enough! I have lost 33 pounds including the week pre op! I actually gained 5 pounds and it stuck with me for a few days was kind of freaking out but it seems to be going back down! Really glad I had this done and looking forward to the future! Would love to compare results with others as to what your eating weights adn how people are feeling!

charli27
on 9/9/13 12:14 am - Dupage County, IL
RNY on 08/26/13

Hi Amanda,

I had surgery on 8/26/13. I'm really feeling pretty good my self. I too have a problem with the protein shakes and upsetting my pouch. I am down 30 pounds (Including pre-op too). I did gain 9 pounds after surgery and it took a few days to get that off but I did. 

The only problem I had during my surgery was that I had my Lap Band removed at the same time and had LOTS of scar tissue which my surgeon removed during the surgery. 

I am still a bit sore from the surgery but try to get around as much as I can. My surgeon told my kids they are in charge of me doing the stairs at least 3-4 times a day and if I don't listen they have his permission to yell at me LOL.  I do have to say the more I walk and do things the better I feel. 

Are you on pureed foods? I am on this is the phase and it is really driving me crazy because the pureed foods basically taste gross. I am trying different things from eggface but nothing seems to taste good. I think it is just me and my old food habits. 

The plus side, at my lowest from the lap band I am only 25 pounds away from passing that up. As I see the scale go down I get more and more motivated. 

Amanda263
on 9/9/13 12:46 am

I went back to work a week after surgery honestly I don't even feel like I had surgery!  I have been eating well last night I made egg salad for the first time was pretty good but chilli ground up is good soups yogurt pudding some cheese. I am actually scared to eat anythign new! I cant believe by 6 weeks you can start eating for life I think I may put that off a bit haha. I can still drink milk yay the first few days I tried and it didnt taste right but now i'm good to go! I am only going to weigh once a week for now on it was exciting till I gained 5 pounds but I know it isnt possible i dont eat enough to gain that much weight. So excited for the holidays this year and not to dread being the fattetst one in the room. I already have so much more energy I use to lay in bed all the time and watch tv now I dont lay down untill bedtime. My son was like mom why are you always out here now. That is one of the biggest thigns im excited about at the moment. i'm not always depressed and feeling sorry for mysef anymore. There is hope and we are only a few weeks out and have lost alot of weight already. Good luck i meet with the surgeon on sept 17th. My incisions are all healed up already was really thinking this was going to be much harder then it is. What a relief. Wish I could put a pic on here but it says its too big I can't figure it out. Good luck sounds like your doing great too

tdbull
on 9/9/13 12:56 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I had my revision surgery that also included gallbladder removal on Aug 13. I am still feeling a little weak and sore, but surgeon keeps reminding me that I had 3 major surgeries in one. I also developed a drain hole infection so this has slowed my recovery. Anyway, we are close to same surgery date so just wanted to say HI. Friend me if you like. Congrats on your continued recovery and successes.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Amber S.
on 9/9/13 1:49 am - VA
RNY on 08/21/13

Hi!  I had my surgery on 8-21-13.  I am back to work today (I could have gone back last week but I figure since I had the time I should just rest it up).  Surgery went well.  No complications.  I’m pretty much back to normal activities except for picking up my 2 y/o son.  I accidentally picked him up this past weekend when he was trying to run away from me in the mall and my husband wasn’t around.  I now have a slight pain on my right side but took my pain meds and it went away.  As far as foods, I’m eating soft moist proteins and my protein shakes.  Usually I eat cottage cheese, low fat turkey meatballs w/ teriyaki sauce, chicken breasts w/ fat free turkey gravy, string cheese, and carbsmart yogurt. I love a sugar free Popsicle here and there sometimes.  I mix my protein shakes with unsweetened Almond Milk and mix in 1tsp of decaf instant coffee with my morning shake.  I can’t wait to share stories and keep up with everyone!  Good job and congrats on your weight loss so far.  I’m down 14lbs since date of surgery.  I hit a couple of days with no weight loss but my Dr has just cleared me to go to the gym, just no lifting until the end of Sept.

BethJ41
on 9/9/13 5:50 am - MO

Hi everyone! I had surgery on 8/20 and just returned to work today. In fact, I am sitting at my desk right now! I am like Amanda - I feel great and am shocked at how easy this has been so far (knock on wood). My surgery was done with a robot so I think that makes a huge difference. I just started pureed foods so I am eating yogurt, soft scrambled egg, soups etc. The protein shakes are ok for me. I have been mixing vanilla flavored shake with V8 Fusion light. My favorite flavor is Strawberry Banana. It makes the shake taste more like a fruit smoothie. There is only 50 calories per 8 oz.. I have lost about 13 pounds since surgery, and 10 before so 23 total. My clothes are looser and I don't have the sugar cravings of the past. Trying to get a picture on here but I keep getting a message saying it is too large. Any ideas?

Great to be part of the August club.

Beth     

Ajai
on 9/9/13 7:59 am

Beth I kept getting that same message when trying to upload a profile pic.  I resized it over and over and still couldn't.  So I decided to upload my pic into my "Before Photos" on my page and it allowed me to make it profile pic from there. Hope this helps.

RNY 8/22/13 HW: 296 SW: 278 GW: 150

Ajai
on 9/9/13 7:57 am

I had surgery August 22nd.  My recovery hasn't been a walk in the park though. I'm still very tired, have lots of pain occasionally, and struggle with eating and not throwing up.  Surprisingly, that just started..the first week of pureed food was fine. But I'm hanging in there.

RNY 8/22/13 HW: 296 SW: 278 GW: 150

BethJ41
on 9/9/13 12:28 pm - MO

Thanks Ajai, that worked!

ItsMyTurn
on 9/9/13 9:49 am
RNY on 08/28/13

8/28 for me.  It has definitely been a learning experience. From major gas to constipation to trying to eat a hotdog (kick me I know). Down 19 pounds (8 pre-op 11 since surgery). Each day is a new adventure. I am a revision from the band placed in 2007.

250/193/150
Heaven is where you'll be when you're okay right where you are. (Borrowed from a friend)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views