1 crazy year later!

katie G.
on 9/10/13 11:21 pm
Today marks 1 year since surgery... id say my first year has been anything but typical but wouldn't change it now -looking back.
I was 255 the morning of surgery and am 160 today. I still get caught up putting a '1' first. I was like 12 the last time i remember being under 200lbs. The first 3 weeks were an absolute emotional roller coaster... and about 3 wks out i got pregnant- i was terrified at that point but am blessed today w a beautiful 2 1/2 month old little girl! I was fortunate enough to have a pretty uncomplicated pregnancy and grateful for her and my health.
Some of my NSVs of the first year- having to hold my 4 year old son while giving him a piggy back ride. Being 7 out on the soccer field w his peewee soccer team. Shopping in a non plus size section -still catching myself wander towards it tho. Wearing an outfit w no X's in the size. Being able to cross my legs 'like a lady'. The double takes of people that i havent seen in a while- still no good at taking compliments. Going for long walks w my kids pushing a heavy ass double stroller and not being exhausted. Starting to feel comfortable in my own body- extra skin and all. Running around and playing at the park and actually enjoying it. Picking up my jeans and thinking theres no way my ass is gonna fit in them... putting them on and having them fit loosely!
Theres been much more im sure in the past 12 months but those are the big ones! Ive had my good days and bad but i know on my bad this site has been a pick me up and im sure i will continue to be back again and again!
RebelK
on 9/10/13 11:56 pm - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

Yeah you! I am sticking with the mantra that for me it's about getting to live a healthy lifestyle and less about the weight. I have 20 lbs to go to hit the 160 mark and I will be happy at that. I've been eating well and exercising and to me that makes me happy. I bought my first size of normal pj's the other day and I was so afraid to wash them. LOL!

Congratulations on your weight loss, your new baby and just feeling good!

Kathy

selhard
on 9/11/13 3:01 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Nice message for us to read--thanks.  Gotta admit, when I read it, I went back to look for your pre-surgery weight thinking it would have been more since many of the comments come from us heavyweights.  Guess I didn't realize.  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views