OT - Need some suggestions on acne products

Dorkgirl_41
on 9/11/13 3:11 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

So since I started hormone dumping I am breaking out like a teenager. I have 3 pimples on my chin as we speak! Annoying as heck!  I was actually very lucky when I was a teenager and never really had acne so I'm not too familiar with good quality products. (my boys just used plain soap and water, so no help from them!) I was just wondering what some of your favorite acne products are that have helped your adult skin.

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

yankeescl
on 9/11/13 5:24 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

I have not had my surgery as of yet (actually it is today)but, I do have adult acne and swear by Proactiv.  I use the basic three step kit and nothing more.  It really keeps my skin problems in check.  The times that I have stopped using it, is when my acne flares up again.  Good luck!

The Salty Hag
on 9/11/13 8:47 pm
RNY on 05/20/13
Another vote for Proactiv. It helped me after I had my daughter and the acne monster decided to attack me. My daughter now uses it to combat her teen-age acne problems.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Laura in Texas
on 9/11/13 9:55 pm

I love Proactiv+, the new proactiv line. I was on a clinical trial of it for 2 years prior to it being released. I love it.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dorkgirl_41
on 9/11/13 11:25 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Thanks for the info, ladies! I'll give a look at the Proactive. :)

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/13 12:42 am

I use just Dove on my face.But my kids use Burts Bee's Products.They are natural.

Gina Kidwell
on 9/12/13 2:30 am - Bothell, WA

I hear ya!! I have gorgeous skin as a teenager and all the way through adulthood...in the last year I have been breaking out!! whaaatttt?? and gaining wait..freakin hormones!!! grrr....anywho...I am an Origins girl..I use their whole line of stuff and love it!! so they have a product called "Super Spot Remover" it's a gel you put a little on a q-tip and on the blemish and it dries up by the next day! this stuff is the bomb! Good luck to ya! 

Everything in moderation...including moderation...

Most Active
Recent Topics