Feeling very weak and Faint !!!

aprilchanel
on 9/23/13 7:35 am
My blood pressure is 88/69 I'm 3 wks post op have lost 20 lbs since surgery on Sept 3 , I'm doing protein shakes , chicken broth and some water am I doing something wrong why is my pressure so low it is scaring me, please help ....

Mark W.
on 9/23/13 7:42 am - belle plaine, MN

This might sound odd but have you called your surgeon's office? 

aprilchanel
on 9/23/13 7:52 am
Yes!!!! He said that my calorie intake is low I need at least 800 a day I think I only get in maybe 400-550 a day he also said that my pressure is ok but I google blood pressure and it don't sit we'll with me.

Jenn C.
on 9/23/13 7:54 am - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13

Oh...I would just keep an eye on it. Take it again, and if it's a different number, take it AGAIN about 5 minutes later. Take your pulse too.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/23/13 9:33 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On September 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM Pacific Time, aprilchanel wrote:
Yes!!!! He said that my calorie intake is low I need at least 800 a day I think I only get in maybe 400-550 a day he also said that my pressure is ok but I google blood pressure and it don't sit we'll with me.

OMG--800 a day at 3 weeks out? That seems like WAY too many to me! That is more than double what I was eating at 3 weeks. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Jenn C.
on 9/23/13 7:52 am - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13

I would def call the surgeon's office! The top number shouldn't be under 90 and the bottom number shouldn't be under 60. I hope you feel better...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

poet_kelly
on 9/23/13 8:09 am - OH

My blood pressure is normally about 90/60, so it might not be because of anything you're doing wrong?  Are you on blood pressure meds?  How many ounce of liquid do you get in a typical day?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aprilchanel
on 9/23/13 8:19 am
I'm not on any Bp Meds I try to get in my liquids but I do fall short ( a lot of the time ) maybe 45 oz a day I know bad but it seems tht is all I can handle

poet_kelly
on 9/23/13 8:46 am - OH

Increasing your liquids might help, then.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/23/13 9:32 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I have low blood pressure and had to add more salt to my diet. It helped a bit. I used to get terribly light headed if I stood up quickly and such.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views