2 months Post Op , doing great !

sarah_durso
on 9/19/13 11:49 am

My 2 month post op appointment went great this past monday . So happy to be off pureed and soft foods .  I've lost 81 lbs since July .  My goal was 75 , so I over achieved !  I had lost 54 my first month.   One day I'll get around to taking pics.   My 3& 4 yr old aren't to good at taking pictures. My husband will be home on R&R next week. I'll get him to take one.  Speaking of. I haven't seen my husband since last December .  It'll be about 10 months apart when I see him.  Oh, I hope he can tell ! I look in the mirror and see a bit of a difference, but nothing major  .  I'm sure taking a pic will help me see that difference.  He's changed too .  he's gotten into CrossFit and says he's in the shape of his life.  Married to a Marine , he loves staying fit.  Nice to hear him say how proud he is of me because o this.  My weight has been the biggest battle of our marriage.  He didn't marry a fat girl . But babies, deployments , the weight just piled on . It's melting off like butter now ! 

So any of you thinking about getting RNY , I'd say go for it ! I was scared, really scared for years. I'd been looking into it since 2010 . Only took me 3 yrs to take that leap of faith. And oh  am I glad I did !   RESEARCH is key.    Know what you're getting into, what to expect.  It'll help so much with your recovery .  And keep up on this website !  There are so many great tools and knowledgeable people here  ( a few know it all's too, lol )  ! 

april89love
on 9/19/13 12:04 pm - NC

Congratulations!! You are doing awesome!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

sonyamarie75
on 9/19/13 12:14 pm - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Fantastic achievement! Way to go!!! And Hurray for getting to see your husband next week!

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

tdbull
on 9/19/13 12:26 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I'm sure your husband will notice. When we see ourselves every day we don't see the changes, but for someone who hasn't seen us for that length of time, of course he will see changes.
I'm so happy for your success. Glad your lbs are melting off - my are sticking to me - I guess a stall, but it doesn't feel good. Congrats on your continuing journey.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Member Services
on 9/19/13 12:27 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your success!  Thank you for your support of OH, it is nice to hear that we have been a source of support and encouragement to you!

sarah_durso
on 9/19/13 1:18 pm

Anytime :) I love OH .  It's really what helped me make that final step to get WLS.  

Karen R.
on 9/19/13 2:58 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

That's terrific!  I'm sure your husband will be blown away.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

sharon13
on 9/19/13 7:46 pm - PA

Congratulations!!! That is fantastic that your weight is just melting off.  You have lost more in 2 months than I have in 5, you must have a great metabolism.  Your husband will be so happy to see you and your great accomplishment.  Keep up the great work!!!

Highest Weight 303   Pre Surgery 278   Date of Surgery 4/3/2013

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/13 12:48 am

You should be so proud of yourself.He will not only see the weight loss but I am sure he will see how you are physically and mentally.Make sure you get  a babysitter to.I am so happy he will be coming home.Thank him for me for protecting our country. I am looking forward to having my surgery in four weeks.

dejaseana
on 9/20/13 3:05 am
RNY on 09/25/12
So happy for you Sarah!!! Post pics!!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?