battle of the bowels...

Ms_Silly
on 10/8/13 3:22 am
This Friday I'll be 8 weeks out. Everything is going well currently, with the exception of my bowel frequencies... as of now my routine has been about every 4 days. Not runny, not constipated, but only every 4 days! The color is a lot lighter too. I'm so sorry this post is probably grossing you out. I just wonder if this is normal. I mean my insides are different now so I expected it to change somewhat. Is this anyone else's new "normal"?. Or is something seriously wrong with me...
VictoriaD1987
on 10/8/13 3:50 am
Hi doll!
I have had the Gastric Bypass (11 weeks ago)
I have had endless bowel problems since the op. The only thing that has seemed to help is magnesium hydroxide. Your doctor will prescribe it too you.

Granted it tastes revolting but it will help you.

Good luck
leisac
on 10/8/13 5:35 am - Australia
RNY on 07/10/13

It's my new normal too. The re-routing of the bowel and the change in absorption contributes to the colour changes and probably the different odour.

Leisa

laura343
on 10/8/13 8:00 am

That is about the new normal for me as well.  i am 6 weeks post op.  I mentioned it to my doctor and he said that is pretty normal.  

Laccygurl
on 10/8/13 8:31 am - Paso Robles, CA
Im five months out and that is the norm for me. Sometimes have BMs more often. All is good.

Laurie
AnniesSS
on 10/8/13 10:20 am
RNY on 09/11/12

I've had problems on and off since surgery.  To help move things along, I take 3 stool softeners in the evening and 2 in the morning.  Things tend to move well then :)  And at least once  day which is more comfortable for me. :)

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

PetHairMagnet
on 10/8/13 10:29 am
RNY on 05/13/13

If it is not hard and impacted then you are just fine going every 4 days. I go every 3-4 and that is my new normal 5 months out this week. When it is hard and impacted, I know to step up the Miralax--I sometimes get lazy and forget it. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active