What was your post op diet?

bsouder2210
on 10/8/13 5:17 am
I know all surgeons have a different program and this is interesting to me. I have 2 weeks of liquids, then 2 weeks of pureed then 2 weeks of soft food before I can eat all foods again. What was your diet?

laura343
on 10/8/13 6:01 am

since the hospital i was on soft foods...  i never had to do a liquid or pureed diet...  just moist protein for first month.  i am 6 weeks post op and still have to do 2 oz. moist protein for each meal but i can now include 2 tablespoons of either fruit or veggies....  

chulbert
on 10/8/13 6:42 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Two weeks liquid, four weeks pureed, four weeks soft, then freedom.

Lisa O.
on 10/8/13 6:48 am - Snoqualmie, WA

You are correct, the range of post op diets are crazy. I have surgery on Monday and will be on 3 weeks liquids, 3 weeks soft, then normal foods as tolerated.

I'm happy I don't have to do pureed foods but soft foods can be more limiting.

Best, 

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

The Salty Hag
on 10/8/13 7:36 am
RNY on 05/20/13
The difference in ( both pre and ) post op diets fascinates me too.
I left the hospital on full liquids. I did two weeks of full liquids then advanced to puréed for a week. ( scratched my head at that one, but followed my plan ) I advanced to soft solids a month after my surgery, and went to regular ( yayyyy ) food at 6 weeks post op.
My pre-op diet was different from most here, it seems. I had to do a full month of Optifast. I had 5 shakes ( or 1 bar or soup and 4 shakes....or 3 shakes and 1 bar and 1 pkg soup ) and one low carb low fat, high protein meal per day. I had a few unlimited foods such as SF Jello, cucumbers, and dill pickles. ( scratched my head at that one too..haha )

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

dawnelea
on 10/9/13 5:59 am

2 weeks clear liquid, 2 weeks full liquid, 2 weeks puree, 2 weeks soft..then freedom...very strict!! But I shall follow to the letter...shes the DR!

Dawne   

Most Active
Recent Topics