Nerve pain?

jenmcg
on 10/11/13 6:12 am - MN
RNY on 09/16/13

My largest incision, maybe a inch and a half long, is causing me some problems. It started a few days ago...my pants were irritating my incision. Then I threw up some food and it hurt the incision a little. Then I stood up from sitting and it started burning and pinching. Then I bent over and thought my gut ripped open. Thing is, it's healed beautifully. Doc said "could be a popped internal stitch or nerve damage." Well, I'm leaning towards nerve issues because the pain really isn't in my incision...it's in several areas surrounding my incision. It usually helps to push on the incision to prevent the pain...but the pain seems to be getting worse. Anyone else have nerve issues after surgery? How long should I expect it to last? 

Member Services
on 10/11/13 6:51 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your surgery!  Ouch, this sounds very uncomfortable. Did the surgeon say what to expect if it is a popped internal stitch? When will it get better?  What did he say to expect if it's nerve damage? What should you do short term and long term?  

Call the office and get answers to these questions so you will know what to do, and what to expect.

Please keep us posted!

Another Fatone
on 10/11/13 7:25 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I wonder which stitch he was talking about?

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

The Salty Hag
on 10/11/13 8:17 am
RNY on 05/20/13
Sorry you're having pain, Jen. I know it's hard to be a mom and be in pain when you have to take care of the kiddos.
With my hernia repair, I feel the same sensation. Burns, pulls, and hurts after I've been on my feet for a while. I also can relieve the pain by putting pressure on it.
My doc told my hubby she may have caught a nerve and it would feel like pulling.
I know they are different incisions, but maybe it's the same sort of thing?
It's been 5 weeks and the damn thing still bugs me.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

jenmcg
on 10/11/13 8:33 am - MN
RNY on 09/16/13

Thanks hun. Today is a rough day. I was just saying "It's hard to be a good mom when you don't even feel human." I did some google research and it sounds like it's the nerves regenerating. Symptoms include the numbness and pain that I'm feeling. If only it would numb the pain too lol. I hope we both get relief soon. What an unpleasant feeling. 

The Salty Hag
on 10/11/13 9:32 am
RNY on 05/20/13
I hear ya!! I hope we do too.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 347 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?