Halloween is evil.

VintageChick
on 10/19/13 1:53 am
And I don't mean the holiday itself!

I've never been a huge sweets-eater, but if I'm honest with myself, I must admit several of my pounds have come from snack-sized candy bars I'd pick up just in case we had some cute kiddos show up at our door. After all, the bars are snack sized, right, therefore they don't have that many calories, right?!!! Ha. I could eat them one right after another! And I did. Until the whole freaki'n bag was GONE. Of course I'd have to buy more since I didn't have any left for trick-or-treaters. And since stores start selling them weeks in advance of Halloween, the cycle repeated several times over.

This year I bought glow-sticks to give out. Says they're non-toxic, but I'm not tempted in the least to try them.

lap RNY 5-15-13

Member Services
on 10/19/13 2:23 am - Irvine, CA

Great idea  

MyLady Heidi
on 10/19/13 2:25 am

If I think it will be an issue I get candy I don't like, I only eat a couple of those type of candies, snickers is my fav, those and almond joy otherwise its not tempting to me.  I love candy and I am sure I will have some of Halloween but its of no concern.

PetHairMagnet
on 10/19/13 2:47 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am again thankful that I do not care for candy by and large. There are a few that I do enjoy from time to time, but I have had to throw out a very nice box of chocolates before because I'd only eaten one or two pieces and then it went stale when I tried a third a few months (or a year ;) ) later. 

But my husband and children are candy freaks. I buy candy they do not like so they won't eat it before Halloween and I always offer a non-food option for kids. Last year I did treat bags with mini playdoh, fun pencils and erasers.  Every trick or treater gets a glow bracelet. They LOVE them, so be prepared for them to ask for another to make a necklace, lol. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Day_dream_believer
on 10/19/13 3:23 am

I usually buy several bags and then at the end of the night I shut the door and put the bowl of candy on the front porch.  I have never had any left overs.  I am sure there are some moms cursing me for the 40 snicker bars their kid came home with, but it works for me.  My kids are old enough now they keep track of their candy.  They KNOW if we have taken any of theirs. 

Good job on the glow sticks.  I wish they had some non candy snacks that weren't so expensive.  We live in an area that gets tons of kids. 

anewme71
on 10/19/13 4:21 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13
Oriental Trading always has great non -food treats in bulk cheap like stickers,pencils, little balls etc.

Highest Weight 304, Feb 2013. Met with nutritionist in March 2013 and started diet. Surgery Weight 272 on 10/11/13.  Current weight 231.