What have I done to myself!

Msbtsy
on 10/28/13 1:42 am - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
RNY on 10/23/13

I know someone else posted a similar post but I am having the post-surgery "OMG what have I done to myself? blues"  I am still on just liquids and am having trouble drinking anything cuz it all tastes yucky, even water.   I keep brushing my teeth because my mouth just feels coated and nasty.  The pain is lessening but I just don't feel like doing anything but lying down and watching t.v.  This is the first day I felt like sitting up and going on the computer.  I keep telling myself that this won't last forever and that I'll feel a little bit better everyday and that it will be worth it all.

Dee.spunk
on 10/28/13 1:47 am - Sacramento, CA
It will all be worth it! Hang in there. The bad taste will go away soon enough. Let yourself lay around! You just had major surgery! You deserve it.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

scoobyluvr1
on 10/28/13 1:51 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Ya i understand. Been feeling crappy myself...plus i got a wicked cold...but hang in there cause it really will pass. Be patient ..trust me i know its hard but it will get better. There are those out there with real complications and such who have far worse. Lets count our blessings and keep perspective it will be better soon and will all be worth it :)

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Soapy
on 10/28/13 2:04 am
Been there with you. I am almost 7 months out and it does get better. I do have days when I still ask myself the same thing. But not being obese is the trade off.

Cac435
on 10/28/13 2:17 am

have you tried biotene mouth wash? helped me a lot. hang in there.  i am 12 days out and feeling good. you will too.

PetHairMagnet
on 10/28/13 2:53 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband and I both had what I would consider textbook versions of 'when everything goes right with RNY' chapter and yet, we experienced much of what you are going through now, so don't let it get you down. We had energy from the get go and I was back at work after 1 week. 

I about brushed the teeth right out of my head the first week or so! I found sugar free gum and mints to be helpful!

Warm liquids seemed easier than cold and straws were my lifesaver over sipping from a cup.

Are you taking all your vitamins and getting the protein and hydration in as you should? That will help your energy BIG TIME

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

dessalves
on 10/28/13 3:56 am

You could have gum?? I am craving some sugar free and my surgeon said NO WAY and I am 3 months out!! So jealous right now lol

laura343
on 10/28/13 3:52 am

I can relate to those feelings....  I had several days that i said those exact same words.   and the taste in the mouth is totally gross.  mine lasted for 2 months and i still get it here and there.  the copper taste in your mouth is from Ketosis, which is when you lose weight fast on a mainly protein diet.  as you are able to eat a little more, this will slowly go away.  It is very hard to drink anything when you have that yuck taste in your mouth.  I keep sugar free mints with me at all times.  they seem to help some.  

hang in there it will get better and time does fly.   You are not alone!!!!  Good luck!!!

mani_heart
on 10/28/13 3:56 am
RNY on 03/18/13

I think that "what have I done to myself" is quite common.  I know I went through that phase and it took me about a month before I finally felt "normal" and somewhat back to myself again.  In the beginning, I felt quite overwhelmed with everything and the new routine and choices I had to make.  I took the time that I was on rest to do a lot of research and planning.  

It is worth it!!

Heather2103
on 10/28/13 5:53 am - TN
RNY on 09/09/13

I totally agree with you all. I had the freak out moment day 3 after surgery. I was in pain due to the gas and was like what the hell did I just do. lol But I'm 7 weeks post op today and feel great. To be honest, I've been super lucky and haven't had any issues after the pain subsided. I actually feel pretty 'normal'. It's def been worth it! Keep your head up!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views