Feel like I'm being a pest!

pharmagirl_45
on 10/28/13 2:05 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

I just sent my surgeon's office another email regarding my letter from my PCP.  I sent her an email on Thursday and never heard back from her.  I need to get this letter from my PCP and they won't send it until they get a note from the surgeon's office .  I also tried to call my PCP to see if they received the request, but of course it goes to voicemail and I DO NOT want to leave a message!

Am I being a pest?

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

pharmagirl_45
on 10/28/13 2:08 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Sorry, I meant to post this to the VSG forum!

saterry
on 10/28/13 2:24 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

It's ok , we go through this crap too !

Remember, they work for you. I was IN the office. Hand delivered my paperwork.

I have trust issues.........

Too many screw ups and it is MY health.

Go get um tiger !

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

PetHairMagnet
on 10/28/13 2:45 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 28, 2013 at 9:08 AM Pacific Time, pharmagirl_45 wrote:

Sorry, I meant to post this to the VSG forum!

Regardless of forum...you are NOT being a pest! They should be more responsive!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Neaucora
on 10/28/13 3:14 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

If you can do it yourself. Hand deliver it. Go and get the note and then make yourself a copy and then take the note to the surgeons office.  I had to do that.  I went into the Dr office and told them I was waiting on the letter and would stay there till it was done and that I HAD to take it that day.  I had to wait like 45 minutes, but it got done.

(I also went in person to all my doctor offices and got copies of all my appointment notes and highlighted my weight and made a copy for myself for the last two years before my surgery. They wanted two years of weight history because of my insurance. I kept it in a big envelope and hand delivered that too. )

much easier than waiting on them.

pharmagirl_45
on 10/28/13 3:50 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Thanks guys!  The problem is that my PCP doesn't want to give me the letter unless the surgeon's office send them a letter requesting the letter!  Makes no sense!blush

PetHairMagnet
on 10/28/13 4:57 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM Pacific Time, pharmagirl_45 wrote:

Thanks guys!  The problem is that my PCP doesn't want to give me the letter unless the surgeon's office send them a letter requesting the letter!  Makes no sense!blush

I would get pretty frosty with them. It is YOUR medical information you are requesting. Are they part of a larger healthcare system? I'd go up the chain. Sounds like someone is just lazy and does not want to do their job and is hiding behind "we need it from your surgeon" to avoid doing their job.

VEXING! I hope you get a resolution soon!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/13 7:25 am

Do you have the list Dr.Wasser gives you for all of the clearance? I would send them that.It is a least of everything we needed to have the surgery okayed by the insurance company.

Mo Diggity
on 10/28/13 3:51 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I was a complete pain in the ass regarding the paperwork lol. Who else could be a better advocate for ourselves... than ourselves ?!!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

PetHairMagnet
on 11/4/13 8:07 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Were you able to get this resolved? Hope so!

Most Active
Recent Topics