I need help! Warning! BM talk

icnside
on 10/29/13 10:10 pm - Chesapeake, VA

I am 15 months out from RNY and for the past 4 days I have been having a ridiculous amount of bowel movements - more than 40!! I have horrible gas and abdominal discomfort. My stools are hard and I am in pain. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?? I will be very appreciative of any input that you have. Thanks. 

Vivian Prouty
on 10/29/13 10:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hello....I would call my surgeon and go in for a check up.    It is not normal to have that many BM's and not only that it is not good with the abdominal discomfort.   2 yrs. ago ( I am NOT trying to scare you now ) I had really bad gas and abdominal discomfort and in fact I had taken about 6 Gas X before I finally decided to go to the ER.   I had a intestional hernia.   I think if this continues I'd go get checked out.   Also....my hernia did NOT poke out so don't rule out a hernia because you don't feel anything.    Praying your pain stops soon.    BTW...the hernia surgery was really nothing.     Please let me know what you find out.     Hope this helps you out.   You need to be checked out.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

PetHairMagnet
on 10/30/13 1:17 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 30, 2013 at 5:28 AM Pacific Time, Vivian Prouty wrote:

Hello....I would call my surgeon and go in for a check up.    It is not normal to have that many BM's and not only that it is not good with the abdominal discomfort.   2 yrs. ago ( I am NOT trying to scare you now ) I had really bad gas and abdominal discomfort and in fact I had taken about 6 Gas X before I finally decided to go to the ER.   I had a intestional hernia.   I think if this continues I'd go get checked out.   Also....my hernia did NOT poke out so don't rule out a hernia because you don't feel anything.    Praying your pain stops soon.    BTW...the hernia surgery was really nothing.     Please let me know what you find out.     Hope this helps you out.   You need to be checked out.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

Please heed this advice from Vivian!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics