Help please :_) 5 weeks post op.

NurseBrandy
on 10/30/13 1:33 am

Hello everyone,

Well to start Im 5 weeks post op, overall Im doing good. Back to work and feeling human, so that is a bonus. Here is the breakdown of my stages before I ask my question.

Post op -2weeks : clear liquids

2-4 weeks post op :  pureed foods

4-6 weeks post op : soft foods

6 weeks post op: slowly adding regular foods

I was moved on to soft foods, to find out that my pouch wasnt ready. Threw up most that I tried, had that "stuck" feeling. Dr said pouch is still swelling, but it would get better. Got bumped back to pureed. Did ok, then even soup gave me that "stuck" feeling. Now bumped back to only liquids until my appt. I can get my protein in, and about 40oz of water a day. Some days the water goes down well, while other days its as if my pouch is a funnel that gets to full and wont drain out. ( lol my way of imagining it ). Im assuming this is swelling rather than a stricture, but I wanted some opinions. If you had this how long did it last? Thanks in advance :)

poet_kelly
on 10/30/13 2:11 am - OH

At five weeks out, I would think the swelling would mostly be gone. I suspect a stricture.  When do you see your doc?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NurseBrandy
on 10/30/13 2:21 am

I go in tomorrow morning :) It's strange to me that some days liquids go down better than others. I would think if it was a stricture, it would be a constant battle ??

Member Services
on 10/30/13 2:14 am - Irvine, CA

Hi NurseBrandy,

We are sorry to hear what you are going through.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing  

cajungirl
on 10/30/13 2:18 am

Sounds like a possible stricture to me.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?