Finally discharged from hospital...one week post-op of small bowel obstruction

Missy A.
on 10/31/13 5:39 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

I was released from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. I had emergency surgery on Thursday of last week for small bowel obstruction and 20% of dead bowel. They of course had to do an open incision, so recovery is a little rougher than my laparoscopic bypass. I'm back at soft stage on foods for the next few weeks. I gained 23lbs while on IV fluids in the hospital and am hoping it comes off just as quickly as it went on. Walked around the block today and hope to increase my daily walking every day. Leaving for a relaxing trip to the beach on Sunday for a week. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy myself a little while there. So glad this is over and done with. I never want to experience pain like that again. Worse than anything I've ever went through!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Member Services
on 10/31/13 5:57 am - Irvine, CA

We are so sorry to hear all you have been through.  So glad you are back on the road to recovery!  Please keep us posted on your recovery  

Regards,

Member Services Team

Kelly M.
on 10/31/13 6:11 am - TX

Sorry bout what you went through...I hope you enjoy your trip, take care of yourself...

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

cajungirl
on 10/31/13 6:29 am

Sorry to read this, Missy.  Hope the recovery goes well.  I have heard if you have a bowel obstruction you know it, the pain it terrible.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

illinois Gama D.
on 10/31/13 9:18 am

welcome home!! take care of yourself.

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

PetHairMagnet
on 10/31/13 9:28 am
RNY on 05/13/13

God bless you! What a rough ride you have had and such grace you've shown through it!

I hope your week away is 100% of what you need to feel rested, relaxed and restored!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Pookah
on 10/31/13 10:12 pm - Dallas, TX

I'm sorry to hear of your illness and surgery, but what a relief that they caught it in time and you are able to come home!   I'm pre-op and was wondering what kind of warning signs you had. 

I'm sure the water weight will come off in the next few days.  Walking will help that too.  Take gentle care of yourself.

Pookah

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?