stomach ulcer?

go_girl
on 11/12/13 1:37 am

I have surgery with Dr Felix on nov 26th, how did your surgery go? Can you let me  know how your surgery process was?

Ms_Silly
on 11/12/13 1:53 am
I couldn't eat anything after midnight the night before. I had to bathe with a special soap that was provided for me the day before surgery and the morning of. When I arrived at the hospital things went pretty fast prepping for operation. I was in the hospital for 2 nights as expected without any complications. Friday morning was surgery, by Sunday at lunch I was heading home. I stayed out of work for 2 weeks. What did you want to know specifically? I don't know if I answered your question...
scoobyluvr1
on 11/12/13 9:55 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Dr felix with hope? Thats my surgeon....he was fabulos truly. I had mine at Jefferson and they were wonderful...the nurses take such good care of you. Very positive experience.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

go_girl
on 11/12/13 7:51 am

Thanks for your reply, did you feel strong enough for work after 2 wks? thats how much time I get off work for my surgery. Did you have a lot of problem keeping fluids down and nausea? I hear about so many problems post op that I worry. were you in a lot of pain? I hope your pain goes away soon, didn't know you could get ulcers this early on.

Ms_Silly
on 11/12/13 8:25 am
Believe it out not I think I started feeling a lot better I've I got back into the routine of work (maybe more so emotionally)... anyways I was off the pain meds after a couple of days of being home because I didn't feel like my pain was bad enough to knock myself out with the meds (pain meds make me very sleepy and feel even more out of it, but they're great if your really feeling the need for thatkind of relief). I walked a little bit every day, trying to go a little further each time or every other time, rested a lot of course, but also tried to move around the house and get over my fear of ripping something open. Twisting my mid section took a lot of small slow attempts, I had to baby my stomach area. Laying flat seemed impossible because pulling myself up was a process. I slept on the couch sitting up for a few nights, slowly working myself into laying further back. Eventually I could get on my right side, probably about a week after being home. I finally got back into my own bed around day 12ish. Laying in different positions was a night to night process. I never liked sleeping on my back so I was desperate to get back to side sleeping, and then eventually I could get back on my tummy but that took a lot longer. My first week back to work I was EXHAUSTED, but I knew I would be. I felt weird pains in my lower belly fat the first couple of days back, felt like nerve pains. But it wasn't long lasting or work inhibiting. Everyday you get stronger. It's amazing. As far as fluids go, I had no problems keeping anything down. I've only ever gotten sick twice. My new tummy is picky about the cooked green beans I eat now, out of all the things I can tolerate, go figure GREEN BEANS won't sit well. But none of that happened right away. No nausea or anything. My experience has actually been pretty great, I really shouldn't complain. I certainly haven't had any major complications. 2 weeks should be plenty of time, although you aren't going to feel that way the day before. Mentally and physically it's scary thinking about jumping back into work 2 weeks after a major operation. However, you should let them know that there may be a chance you get back to work and do truly need more time to heal. I told my boss that I was going to try my best and see how things went. They went fine thankfully. It really is a major operation and they need to be aware that things may not go as planned or perfectly. I'm sure they will go fine for you! Be positive and just know that those 2 weeks pretty much SUCK but your body is healing and everything DOES GET BETTER! :-D
go_girl
on 11/12/13 9:41 am

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply!!! Let me know how your appointment goes.

Ms_Silly
on 11/12/13 10:10 am
Sorry about the book I wrote, lol! I'll add you so we can keep in touch!
go_girl
on 11/12/13 9:31 pm

Thanks for the details, I really appreciate it. Yes Dr Felix at Hope,  I hope mine goes well as yours did. I would love to keep in touch and we can give updates on our progress.

Most Active
Recent Topics