OT - Some fun questions

daisy142
on 11/15/13 3:32 am - TX

1. Aunt - like ant

2. Cart

3. Coke

4. Ads

5.  Iced Tea with Splenda. Hot tea with splenda

6.  Munster if I have to pick. Love all cheese. Cheese makes almost anything better :-)

7.  I wanted to be a large animal veterinarian. Ended up becoming a breeding manager for a race horse farm. So, fairly close. Got my bachelor of science in animal science production option minor in horses.

HW = 370

SW = 322

GW = 180

Lap RNY by Dr. Dana Reiss

kinny09
on 11/15/13 3:33 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

1.  Do you say Aunt like can't/ant or haunt? - More like Haunt

2.  When grocery shopping do you use a cart or buggy or ??? - Cart

3.  Do you say soda/pop or something else? - Soda

4.  Do you read the Sunday sales circular or the sales ads? - Sales Ads

5.  Sweet tea, unsweetened tea?  If you drink hot tea do you use cream in it? - Unsweetened and 1 packet of Splenda (sometimes w/out too), no cream/milk in hot for me.

6.  What is your favorite cheese? - Goat cheese, Jalapeno Jack and sharp Swiss all tie :).

7.  When you were young what did you think you wanted to do career-wise as an adult?  Did you do it or choose something else?  What is your career choice, and yes a SAHM is a career choice? - I flip flopped between Astronomer and Doctor frequently. Right out of high school as a young adult (from 18-24) I was in Advertising & Public Relations for 6 years (climbed through two positions there), then changed gears and returned to college to pursue my degree in Psychology (which I will be finished with in the spring). I also have a 3 year old, so I have many "jobs" right now!

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Miss Liss
on 11/15/13 3:46 am

1.  Do you say Aunt like can't/ant or haunt?  Ant

2.  When grocery shopping do you use a cart or buggy or ???  I use a buggy

3.  Do you say soda/pop or something else?   Everything's a coke.  LOL.

4.  Do you read the Sunday sales circular or the sales ads?    Ads

5.  Sweet tea, unsweetened tea?  If you drink hot tea do you use cream in it?   Unsweetened Iced Tea.  For warm beverages, I drink coffee.

6.  What is your favorite cheese?     I am a cheese lover.  I have only tried one cheese I didn't care for and that was blue cheese.

7.  When you were young what did you think you wanted to do career-wise as an adult?  Did you do it or choose something else?  What is your career choice, and yes a SAHM is a career choice? 

I thought I wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher when I was a little girl.  I became neither of those things.  Instead, I went for accounting because numbers have always been my thing.  I have an MBA and work as an accountant at a corporate office with locations in several states.  I have to travel some which I don't like.  I always thought I wanted to be one of those women with a big time career, but once I got married and had my first child, I realized all I really wanted was to be a wife and mom.  But, I have to work.  So, I work for a company that allows me to do it all. 

poet_kelly
on 11/15/13 3:51 am - OH

Like can't.

I prefer the carts that are higher so I don't have to bend to get stuff out of them.  Bending is hard on my back.

Soda.

No.

Unsweetened.  No cream.

Sharp cheddar.  Although I like almost any cheese.

When I was growing up, I wanted to be a special ed teacher.  I ended up being a social worker instead.  For the last several years, though, I've been a freelance writer.  I mostly write about health, mental health, parenting and relationship topics.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cjd3161
on 11/15/13 4:14 am - TX

1.  Ant

2.  Basket (it's a Texas thing)

3.  Coke they are all coke no matter what it is (another Texas thing)

4.  Sales Ads

5.  Unsweet

6.  Cheddar

7.  I just wanted to be a mom, wanted to marry a farmer and be a wife and mother.  However I do work in Agriculture and I'm a mom and a wife, so I guess I got close.

Cj

MyLady Heidi
on 11/15/13 4:30 am

It was always Ant Jerry or Antie Barbara, my grandmothers sisters and Cioca Katherine or Cioca Olga, for my grandfathers side who were Polish.  Now that all those great aunts are gone, I just use the word Aunt for my bf's Aunt Barbara.

Cart only, to me I remember buggy as a baby buggy when I was a child.  I have not heard a grocery cart called a buggy ever here in Connecticut.

Soda - I know the pop thing is used on the other side of the country somewhere, never really heard that here either.

Only unsweetened tea iced tea.  Have to be specific because they might try to sweeten it on you.  Iced tea used to be season only here in Connecticut, but now, thankfully it is almost universally year round, although not at the DD near my boyfriends house. I don't drink hot drinks only ice cold ones.

I love cheese, I don't know I have a favorite, it depends on what it is going with.

I used to love space as a child, so I thought astronaut, then when my mother had her heart attack and we thought she might die I thought I wanted to enter the CIA and be an agent.  When I got into high school I wanted to do something with botany but then I went to UCONN on a tour and saw they had an experimental animal lab and I was so scarred from that experience it forced me to re-think not only where I wanted to go to school but what I wanted to do.  I decided to go to school for computer science.  I am a systems analyst and happy with my choice.

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/13 5:03 am

When I lived in Ct.they called a cart a carriage.

Lovetocruz
on 11/15/13 6:50 am - Nashville, NC

Ant, although most here say aint

cart

we call them " drinks"

do not read the ads

sweet tea ......so good

cant see the other questions

MyLady Heidi
on 11/16/13 10:27 pm

Yeah I think I use cart and carriage interchangeably. 

Danimar
on 11/15/13 4:50 am, edited 11/15/13 4:52 am - San Antonio, TX

1) I say Aunt like "can't."

2) I use a cart or a basket.

3) In Texas, all soda is "coke."  If we ask someone if they want a coke and they say, "yes,"  we say, "what kind?" and expect the answer to be anything from coca-cola to Dr. Pepper to Big Red.

4) Circular ads.

5) I prefer  unsweetened tea with Sweet n' Low, and I do drink hot tea with cream and sweetener in it if it's black tea. Herbal teas, just sweetener

6) I have to pick just one cheese?  That's soooo hard!!  I guess I'll go with Muenster.

7)  When I was little, I wanted to be professional musician (I played the clarinet), or a writer.  The musician thing went by the wayside, but I do still write - it's just not how the money comes in. It's kind of nice to know I kept doing that though - that some things about your dreams and wants don't change, even if how you make them happen does.

HW (395) - I lost some before starting my process.  SW (375) Surgery Date (350)  CW (307)

Most Active