Blender or food processor?

iluvpugs22
on 11/21/13 10:09 am

I have just advanced to the purée stage & was just looking for some opinions on the best way to get your food puréed?  Any suggestions welcome!!  Thanks!!!  

poet_kelly
on 11/21/13 10:15 am - OH

I didn't actually puree any food.  I just ate stuff that is already that consistency, like refried beans, Greek yogurt, no sugar added applesauce, mashed potatoes and ricotta cheese.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/21/13 9:34 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

I didn't actually puree any food.  I just ate stuff that is already that consistency, like refried beans, Greek yogurt, no sugar added applesauce, mashed potatoes and ricotta cheese.

Agreed except no mashed potatoes for me. :)

My doctor is not a fan of pureeing food since he expects you to chew it almost to liquid or paste before you swallow to begin with.  I did not add animal proteins for a while because even when I was allowed to have them, they were difficult to tolerate. Now, I can eat a wide variety, but still have many items my pouch is not fond of at 6 months out. My husband has things that don't agree with him and he's over a year out. So if you do try something at a later stage and it does not sit well, give it some time and try it again. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

iluvpugs22
on 11/21/13 10:20 am

Thank u!!   I'm thinking that's what I'll do as well!   What about chicken tho?

poet_kelly
on 11/21/13 10:30 am - OH

I don't eat meat so I didn't eat any pureed chicken.  Even if I did eat meat, though, the idea of pureed chicken sounds kind of icky to me.  But if it sounds good to you, you can puree some.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Fr33P4m
on 11/21/13 12:56 pm
RNY on 12/04/12 with

Canned chicken, along with tuna, were on my list of "soft-pureed' foods. I mixed mine with light mayonnaise.

[Highest: 295] [Surgery Day: 264]  [Goal: 150] ​[Height: 5'61/2"]          

smummy2mo
on 11/21/13 1:07 pm
I am on puree as well. I have been hooked lately on tuna mixed with Laughing Cow cheese. Adds sooo much flavor!
Stacy Sikes
on 11/21/13 12:04 pm - OR

I actually have both, the blender and food processor. I am like many and will eat things already that consistency. Like it was mentioned the idea of pureed meat makes me gag LOL. but I will use it to puree veggies when I get tired of yogurt  and cottage cheese.

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

applegirljae
on 11/21/13 1:14 pm

I felt the same way as you, just the thought of puréed meat made me sick. But, my dog got really sick (I know, it's my DOG) and the only way I could shred his chicken small enough was to put thru my mini blender and I was surprised that it didn't look as yucky as I thought it would. I'd actually eat it!  Just like tiny shreds of meat. So maybe if you run out of stuff to eat, stick some chicken breast in a blender and see if you feel differently. You might be surprised :)

applegirljae
on 11/21/13 1:15 pm

Maybe make a chicken salad out of it?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 256 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?