OT-Spinal fusion questions

Missy A.
on 12/6/13 4:22 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Has anyone here had a spinal fusion after WLS? I'm having fusion from L3-S1 two weeks from today and I'm scared to death. Will I gain weight from being not able to work out for a while? I'm 16 months post op and at a stand still in my weight loss right now, nothing I do seems to make the scale budge. Will I be able to lay on my back? Should I buy a recliner to sit and sleep in? I'm just so terrified right now, but need to get this done and over with. Any experiences you can give would be appreciated. I have read online everything I could, now I'm just looking for personal experiences.

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/13 6:06 am - WI

I just had my weight loss surgery, this past Tuesday. I had my back fusion, August of 2012. So I can't speak from experience, having back surgery after WLS. A recliner was very helpful for me after my back surgery, I also used a walker to get around. Also if your toilet is low in your home, ask for a seat that sits over your toilet , to make it higher for you. You proably won't be able to lay flat on your back for awhile. As far as my back fusion went, it was not as bad as I thought, but it is very important to do everything they tell you. I actually felt better if I was up walking around. Of course using the walker made it so much easier and the back brace helped a lot to. I hope all goes well for you, I am sending prayers your way!.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 442 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views