The Dietician is NOT Always Right!

Bibo
on 12/7/13 4:56 am

I am constantly on the edge of dehydrated, due to a lot of meds that I have prescribed causing me to need extra water. I shoot for at least 160 oz of fluid (and or popsicles, jello, broth, water) that I can get in. At one point I got my potassium level checked and had to be on a Rx for that for a while to help me keep the water in my system....I agree with the poster before me suggesting a need for IV fluid...but defiantely follow up with your surgeon, or GI doc or primary care and get your potassium, magnesium and electrolytes checked afterward...I also use bioten (sp?) (in the toothpaste aisle) mouthwash, designed to help with dry mouth...it sort of works..

Susan2012
on 12/7/13 8:58 pm

Are you taking any kind of diuretic or if you take blood pressure meds some of them have diuretics in them. Need to see your PCP ASAP   

PetHairMagnet
on 12/7/13 10:25 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Oh wow, I am really sorry you were advised to try a wrap. My husband could not tolerate that until 10+ months out and I have not tried but a month out? I bet you were in gastric distress! Hugs to you!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics