alittle scard about surgery

marissasmith1987
on 12/12/13 1:02 am - troy, NY
RNY on 01/13/14

Ok my date is Jan 13 and I have been thinking about what if I need open surgery. I might need it because I have alot of scar tissue from my past lapband procedures. did any of you have open surgery because of past surgeries? what was recovery like? d

- Marissa RYN 1-13-14. If the past was perfect then there would be no need for tomorrow

PetHairMagnet
on 12/12/13 1:28 am, edited 12/12/13 1:28 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Maybe it was a good thing you had the A1C test to be so focused on until now...because you've replaced one worry with another, lol.

Once in church the lesson was 'So what' and it really changed my life. So I will ask you. So what?

So what if you DO have to have open surgery. Is a slightly longer recovery time not worth all the benefits of the REST OF YOUR LIFE?  So what if you have to take meds a little longer or move slowly a little longer or have a bigger incision?  Ask yourself so what when you have a worry come up. Most of the time I find that it was not worth the energy of worry. 

And better that your doctor does the RIGHT version of the surgery than do something that is less than ideal for you.

Don't spend so much time in worry. There is NOTHING on this planet you cannot buy with enough money except time. No one can truly buy time, so don't squander it with worry.

HUGS!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

jefferytmc
on 12/12/13 2:28 am

I agree with the above post.

It is not a big deal.  My wife asked her surgeon about that and he says he has NEVER had to do an open one.  And they have done over 1,000 procedures.  She had scar tissue from C-sections, no issue.  They have done plenty of lapband revisions, and never had to do an open one.

And he said open is easier than laparoscopic, so they are good at it.  I know your question was about recovery, but as stated, that is better than not having surgery.

Worry is natural, but do not let it consume you.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

SteveWebb
on 12/12/13 4:11 am - NC

I've had to laparoscopic surgeries in the past and all I plan to do is say a prayer and ask the Lord to guide my Surgeons hand and gitter done!

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views