Oh, Those BEAUTIFUL NSVs!

TopherCarter
on 12/12/13 10:52 pm - Owens Cross Rds, AL
RNY on 08/21/13

I haven't posted in a while...but I definitely keep up with all you jamokes (whom I just love dearly).  I am about 3 1/2 months out, and don't get me wrong...I am very pleased with my weight loss so far.  (138 lbs and still going!).  Seeing myself in the mirror every day, you don't really see the change much.  I do notice it OBVIOUSLY in my clothes (I've whizzed past pants sizes...started at 52, down to 36 now).  I'm a lover of live theatre...I am very active in a lot of different community theatres down here in Alabama....and I have performed in 2 shows since my surgery, but I haven't sat down to watch one...until last night.  And lo and behold...my ass actually fit in one of the tiny theatre seats...with LOTS OF ROOM TO SPARE! I didn't have to do the old 'put your arm around the person next to you' trick to allow them the room they needed to use the arm rest.  I wasn't melting over into someone else's chair.  I was even able to cross my legs for most of the performance. 

Felt great.  Had to share. 

I love all you 'losers'. 

Cunning_Pam
on 12/12/13 11:38 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Congratulations! Those are great achievements! Thanks for letting us know.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

KimKinVA
on 12/13/13 12:18 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

Congratulations! That is an awesome NSV. You are doing great on your weight loss and size decrease. :-) Keep up the good work!

I had a cool NSV yesterday. I had to go to the doc for a sinus infection. When she went to take my blood pressure, I had to take my big bulky sweater off. The doctor said "Look at your guns!" That made my day. I have been working out and lifting so that was really awesome feedback that I hadn't even really noticed on my own.

Sending love back at you, "loser"! :-)

Ocalasam
on 12/13/13 12:58 am
RNY on 12/18/12

That's an awesome NSV!!!  I was able to fit into a kid chair at a book reading at Barnes and Noble the other day.  I really wanted to take that adorable little adorondak chair home with me....just to sit in it some more.

Caroline K.
on 12/13/13 1:47 am

Congratulations!

Amber S.
on 12/13/13 3:12 am - VA
RNY on 08/21/13

That's an awesome story!!  Keep it up!!!!

PetHairMagnet
on 12/13/13 4:55 am
RNY on 05/13/13

That is WONDERFUL!

YAY!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

April M.
on 12/13/13 6:25 am
RNY on 09/26/13

Very cool!!!  :-)  I'm so happy for you!!  Glad things are going great!!

April

anewme71
on 12/13/13 9:11 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13

Awesome! I haven't tested theater seats since about oh 40 or 50 lbs ago, I am sure it will be much better now!

Highest Weight 304, Feb 2013. Met with nutritionist in March 2013 and started diet. Surgery Weight 272 on 10/11/13.  Current weight 231.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views