warning, severe whine ahead!

anewme71
on 12/13/13 8:48 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13
I am 2 months out as of today. I had a severe stricture that I had dilated last Friday. So I am trying to advance my diet again and it is SCARY. Lol. I worry still that stuff will hurt and get stuck and I will have a recurrence of the stricture. Anyways, I can't really control that so I am just taking it one day at a time. However, while I was struggling with my stricture I wasn't very good about consistently taking my supplements or pills. It wa**** or miss. I had been having a rash on my inner forearms and itchy legs but 2days ago I took everything like I was supposed to but by the time I went to bed I was on fire with rash / hives. A couple of benadryl since and I am still crazy itchy. Dr thinks it might be the formulation of one of the vitamins. Lovely. So now I have to try and figure out what. Also,when I went and was weighed in at the surgeon, their scale was 13 lbs less than the one at the clinic where I work that I have been tracking myself on all along and that I know was very close to their scale at my last weigh in. I know it's not the correct weight they are judging me by, so they have a new scale, but haven't put it in yet. So when i go back in January and God forbid it shows no loss, they will think I am failing when it is their stupid scale! Can I get any more whiney? Well, how about I think my stricture is back (is that even possible one week after dilation?), and I am still itchy !  LOL. Thanks to anyone *****ad my rambling rny mess! 

Highest Weight 304, Feb 2013. Met with nutritionist in March 2013 and started diet. Surgery Weight 272 on 10/11/13.  Current weight 231.

cajungirl
on 12/13/13 11:04 am

What vitamins are you taking?  You do have some vitamin stores initially after surgery. You may want to start off with the multi...take it for 2 days alone then see what happens. I may be wrong here I can't recall where I read it but I think it is calcium that can give people fits (Certain ones I've tried cause me stomach distress). Elimination and re-adding should he you find out if it is a specific vitamin regain or a food allergy perhaps. 

Sorry about the stricture, please call your surgeon for another scope and possible dilation. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

anewme71
on 12/14/13 12:42 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13

For multi I am taking Equate Multivitamin twice a day, the Spring Valley b12 sublingual, and Upcal D powder for my calcium citrate.

I've never had any other food allergies, etc. So, I am thinking it has to be something new since surgery. I have stopped them all for a few days. I am almost out of everything, so I am going to brand change the multi and b-12. I really don't want to change the upcal D because it's the only thing I have found that goes down easy. So, I will add them back one at a time, and see what happens.

And yes, I reluctantly think that this ole stricture is still giving me fits. I ate salmon last night, super moist and baked and even had added some light vinaigrette  on it to make it even more wet and almost 2 hours later I had to go to the bathroom and cough (literally) up what was still sitting in my lower esophagus. Sorry for the TMI, but anyone with strictures knows exactly what I am talking about.

Thanks for the feedback. I have no regrets, but I sure can't wait for these little complications to resolve completely so I can fully enjoy my new life.

Highest Weight 304, Feb 2013. Met with nutritionist in March 2013 and started diet. Surgery Weight 272 on 10/11/13.  Current weight 231.

MickeyDee
on 12/14/13 2:10 am

I found salmon was (and is still) too dense for me.  Try tuna, shrimp, or scallops.  I used the tuna as in making a sandwich, but then just ate the filling.  Shrimp with "Mrs Dash" is tasty, as are the scallops.  Just after a stricture you might want to stay with protein shakes for a few days. It is not uncommon for a stricture to reform, so don't hesitate to call your doctor if you feel the restriction happening again.  This will pass!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/13/13 12:16 pm
I can sympathize with the hives/rash. I break out periodically. Neither I nor my allergy doc is certain what the exact trigger is. Try not to stress too much about loss and the scale.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

anewme71
on 12/14/13 12:34 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13

It sure is frustrating and itchy! LOL My loss has been kind of slow but happening , so when their wrong weight was "right on track" I was a little crushed. but, If this rash would chill out and this  stricture issue would stop, I would be A OK LOL Thanks for the feedback.

SteveWebb
on 12/13/13 10:18 pm - NC

Sorry your having such a rough time.  Hopefully everything will get better soon.  Hang in there and God bless you and Merry Christmas

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

anewme71
on 12/14/13 12:32 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13

Thank you Steve. I know these are just passing issues and all will be well in time. Thank you for the good wishes and Merry Christmas to you as well.