Home Sweet Home

Lisa87
on 12/15/13 8:54 am
RNY on 12/13/13

So I had my rny on Friday,

It went well. The first 24 hours were rough. I walked every two hours and by the time I had left the unit I had walked 5 miles! Walking does make everything better!

Got all my pain under control.

Now that I am home I am more nervous now.

Trying to get in all the fluids

AND

Medications 

AND 

Vitamins

I put together a schedule based around the three meals .

Super scared about blot clots. Wearing my TED hose and walking around as much as I can AND I will be giving myself LOVENOX injections once a day.

ANy suggestions or words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa87 

5'4"

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/13 9:02 am

Welcome home!

I didn't know that we had to give ourselves the belly shots after RNY! I had to do those twice a day after my TKR surgery for 2 weeks. I STILL have bee sting like bruises all over my lower belly. 

Anyone have to do this?

poet_kelly
on 12/15/13 9:08 am - OH

I didn't..  It might depend on how at risk you are for blood clots.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lisa87
on 12/15/13 10:42 am
RNY on 12/13/13

My whole pre op class got the info and special kit for the lovenox. Some people were freaked out! 

I am freaked about clots, not the shots! LOL

gtrdyfor50
on 12/15/13 9:02 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Sounds like you are doing great!

Jen Lyn
on 12/15/13 9:13 am
RNY on 11/11/13

Your walking 5 miles is so inspiring. I am a month out and remember how much it hurt.  GREAT JOB~~~~~~~~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/13 9:15 am

I know it is the norm with bone surgery, but was a tad surprised when i read this post. Don't et me wrong, it doesn't hurt one bit, but i did do a happy dance after my last shot on day 14. Just curious. Everything is new for me for this surgery.

QoftheU
on 12/15/13 4:16 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Nope no shots for me - damn good thing cuz while I don't mind others poking me, I couldn't do it myself. I'm scheduled for Wednesday and feel your fear - what if I can't get in all my water? I'm a huge water drinker but tend to gulp it down. So this will be a challenge for sure. We CAN do it - really - we can and we WILL. Failure is NOT an option. (Susan B. Anthony - woman suffragette!)

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Lisa87
on 12/15/13 4:30 pm
RNY on 12/13/13

I just have to remember to breathe!!!!!

I was sent home with a sippy cup!!!! 

Chicken broth seems to go down better! 

Good luck! WE CAN DO IT!!!!

PetHairMagnet
on 12/16/13 12:51 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Glad it went well and glad you found walking helps...it sure did for my husband and I!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views