Bibi723
on 12/16/13 10:01 am - IL
RNY on 11/20/13

feel better soon 

Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BibiWLSDiary/

PetHairMagnet
on 12/16/13 10:22 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I am so sorry that you had to have foot surgery, but thank heavens it went well!

I do know how frustrating it is to have your normal routine upset by an orthopedic issue. Have you considered asking your PT to work out a plan of core and upper body exercises for you?

Here is to hoping for the time to fly by and your healing to be 100% on track!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SoCaPinkLady
on 12/17/13 5:58 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

So sorry you are down and not able to be as active as you like De*****yOne!!! I am recuperating from a broken ankle and I gained a few pounds while laying in bed with my leg elevated but it didn't take long for those pounds to go away once I could move about a bit. I was a bit worried as you are. If possible try to be sure your family doesn't bring in any of your trigger foods that you can't resist. I'm in Physical therapy now and am still having pain although they say my ankle is healed. It's a slow process healing. Best wishes to you and will be praying for your speedy recovery. ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Lori                               

Dee.spunk
on 12/19/13 4:16 pm - Sacramento, CA
Thank you! I hope you heal fast too. It's a pain not being able to move around normally.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Laura in Texas
on 12/17/13 10:38 am

Feet are important.You need them in tip top shape to get you through the rest of your life. Do NOT try to do anything too soon. Rest and allow your body the time it needs to heal. Make healthy food choices. If you gain a little it of weight, do not get obsessed with it. You will get it off as soon as you are able to exercise again. You will be fine. Hang in there!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dee.spunk
on 12/19/13 4:19 pm - Sacramento, CA
Thankfully I haven't gained anything, though I did cut back my calorie intake a bit to compensate for the fact that I am not exercising. But I have started doing a little bit of exercise here and there. The leg with the bad foot is looking a little saggy to me and I don't want a saggy leg! So I've been working it out. Lol!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)