Day 3 post op

collisionforensics
on 12/21/13 8:33 am - Dawsonville, GA
RNY on 12/19/13

Today has went pretty well. I am trying to get the water in but I am only eating about 5 to 6 baby spoons of yogurt. 

Stacy Sikes
on 12/21/13 9:05 am - OR
it will get easier, just remember to sip sip sip liquids.

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

carleekins
on 12/21/13 9:21 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I am also on day 3. I have been having puréed foods like chicken and cottage cheese. I'm doing pretty good but man do I want to eat some christmas treats. I'm not hungry, I just want it!! I need my brain to just stop thinking about the food. 

selhard
on 12/21/13 10:19 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

My brain subsided with food obsessions when it got replaced with clothes buying and doing new things!  I just came from my aunt's house; her 21-year-old granddaughter was partaking in a goodly amount of Grandma-made Christmas treats.  I was secretly thinking how special it would be for the two of them to build memories by going for a walk together, going to an exercise gym together, anything but Grandma staying in the kitchen showing her love through food.  I was raised no differently but plan to if I'm lucky enough to be a grandma some day.

mrsschecter
on 12/21/13 1:13 pm - GA
I am having a little issue getting my water in also. Im just two days out. I have been able to get broth down and water but stuff like jello is just to sweet. I cant wait to try yogurt tommorrow but a little scared because of the chance of being milk intolrant. Hopefully that will go ok though. You will get better every day. Just kerp trying
Jevika
on 12/21/13 11:51 pm
RNY on 12/13/13

Have you tried Diet Cranberry juice? I use that. :) Its what they were giving me in the hospital, so it seems safe. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/13 12:29 am

Warm or hot tea or sugar free hot chocolate if you are one who has a sweet tooth. I had my surgery in October and warm liquids are the best thing for me right now.Hydration is the most important thing right now to.Protein shakes may help also.

nurl
on 12/22/13 1:06 am
RNY on 05/14/13
I remember asking the same question post op you will hear this a thousand times however, sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, and walk. It really does get soooooooo much better we are all here for you

HFA70
on 12/22/13 6:55 am

Congrats! 

I am 2 1/2 months out.  I found the first little

while, I would get all my water in one day and all my protein the next.  Best wishes!

QoftheU
on 12/22/13 9:33 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
My doctor lets me drink apple/cran/grape/pom juices as long as I water it down significantly. I use 1/4 juice to 3/4 water although after tomorrow I'm lowering it to 1/8 and 7/8... so I just get a taste of flavor. Also, I have a water app that goes off every 15 minutes and when it does I sip 2 oz... by the end of the hour I've had a cup - works great! There are LOTS of free apps in the Apple/Droid store.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views