Stricture reoccurance and ulcer for Chritsmas

anewme71
on 12/24/13 9:35 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13

Well, I had a dilation on Dec 6th and for about a week I felt okay, trying to learn how my pouch and eating really was supposed to feel. so, here I am not even 3 weeks later and for the past week I knew something was wrong and just in denial. I finally called the surgeon and bing bang boom another EGD today. result was moderate stricture (upgraded from the severe on the last EGD) , and a new lovely item, and ulcer. I don't remember the Dr. saying anything after the EGD, but the paper and pictures don't make it look that bad, but what do I know about ulcers? LOL

So, I have my carafate and I for sure won't be over indulging this Christmas. LOL

I also want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Some of us are alone, hurting, and aren't having the holiday that was envisioned, but we sure do have the gift of health if we make the most of it.

blessings to all!

Highest Weight 304, Feb 2013. Met with nutritionist in March 2013 and started diet. Surgery Weight 272 on 10/11/13.  Current weight 231.

QoftheU
on 12/24/13 11:24 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
You got it sista! Hang on for the ride and it'll be all right!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Dukemom
on 12/24/13 9:07 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

Sorry you had the little setback.  I hope you feel better soon.  (((hugs)))

Karen

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

SteveWebb
on 12/25/13 4:22 am - NC

Hope you feel better soon!

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

anewme71
on 12/25/13 11:34 pm - TX
RNY on 10/11/13

thank you to one and all. Last time I had my dilation on Dec 6th, I felt an immediate difference. I guess this time the ulcer is still "sore" if that makes sense. But, I could at least eat "normally" yesterday and not have any issues with nausea or vomitting, so that was a nice change. I actually ate dinner with my husband for a change.

Also on a positive note, I walked farther than I had since surgery in October. 2.6 miles. I had been super lazy since surgery. Between the surgery recovery and not feeling good from the strictures and ulcer. Exercise wa**** or miss. So, I started walking again at my lunch hour, weather permitting, and took advantage of being off yesterday and being able to walk in the daylight (I can't wait until the days get longer again), and took a long walk. I was dragging butt at the end, but I did it. It felt good.  I was doing 2-3 miles a day prior to surgery, so I am glad to feel like I can get back there again soon. Now if only the stubbornly slowwwww scale would cooperate. :-)

Highest Weight 304, Feb 2013. Met with nutritionist in March 2013 and started diet. Surgery Weight 272 on 10/11/13.  Current weight 231.

Most Active