not hungry

jageneva
on 12/27/13 11:58 am
I am three weeks post op and I'm now on the pureed stage and have absolutely no desire to eat. I know I'm not getting my protein in. Its a struggle to get my liquids in. I'm tired of water. Before surgery I loved propel zero and mio but now it all tastes like crap. I'm pretty sure my taste buds are outta whack. Sf popsicles are my best friend right now.
dragonlove
on 12/27/13 12:54 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

You poor thing.  You should call and talk to your Nut for coaching.  Remember though - your body needs protein to heal! Eating is your job now... count your blessings that you don't WANT to eat.... that would make things so hard if you wanted more than you can have!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

jamienichols22
on 12/27/13 8:59 pm - MI

I mix my protein powder in my sf pudding to help make sure I get it in. I am not hungry either but know I have to eat to keep some energy. If you make yourself finish a pudding in a days time you will start to notice the energy level coming up a bit. As for water I was like that the first two days then mine leveled out but don't need near as much flavoring as before because it's so sweet now. I would talk to your nut to see what all options you have 

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

jamienichols22
on 12/27/13 8:59 pm - MI
Ruskie
on 12/28/13 3:48 am

I am 30 days postop have same issue. It's strange a big guy who 45 days ago could eat 8 oz beef now struggling to eat 3 oz food at a sitting. All we can do is take it one day at a time. It is a job just to get protein food and liquid in daily

TattooMammaRN
on 12/28/13 8:43 am

I agree!!  I am 9 1/2 weeks post op.  The water intake is better, but the eating.....still having issues.  One day at a time!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 402 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 392 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 247 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics